• The KillerFrogs

Hopefully...

Limp Lizard

We are through with sloppy fields this year. OU and TCU have tiff fields, and the others have plastic. At least three times I remember our players trying to make a sharp cut and cutting a huge gouge out of that muck in Ames. The ISU players wisely used their home field advantage by not making any drastic cuts....they knew how to run on that field. As far back as the Francione era I remember our players flopping around on bad fields...the WAC had plenty of them, and SJSU was probably the worst. The Rose Bowl is often brought up, but that was not nearly as bad as the fields at SJSU, Nevada and Colorado State back when.

That field did not cause the loss, but it sure made for some ugly plays for the Frogs. GP did mention slipping later, though. He has to figure out a way where that is not a factor. Maybe have the team work out in bowling shoes:eek:.

Anyway after all these years it is amazing to me that we still see our players trying to make hard cuts on bad fields. At least we should have good footing the rest of the regular season.

Big Frog II

I noticed the grass at ISU was very long. That's done on purpose to negate other team's speed. Regardless, we didn't play well either.

SnoSki

Good Lord.

Playcalling, execution and better coaches beat us at ISU; terrible performance. Steel wishes the grass was the issue. Unfortunately, our 16-14 conference record the last 4 years speaks to much deeper problems.

Agreed. When we lost that home game to Arkansas in 2016 GP really reigned in the offense. I believe that that game and the 61-58 game still live rent-free in his head.

I would be curious to know what our record is since then vs fbs teams with a winning record.

Frog-in-law1995

Agreed. When we lost that home game to Arkansas in 2016 GP really reigned in the offense. I believe that that game and the 61-58 game still live rent-free in his head.

I would be curious to know what our record is since then vs fbs teams with a winning record.

With a winning record at the time we played them, 10-13 since the Arkansas loss and 19-16 since the Baylor loss.

Last edited:

froginmn

Good Lord.

Playcalling, execution and better coaches beat us at ISU; terrible performance. Steel wishes the grass was the issue. Unfortunately, our 16-14 conference record the last 4 years speaks to much deeper problems.
It's a fun football renaissance when a 16-14 Big 12 record speaks to problems.