• The KillerFrogs

Hoops Thread: Frogs vs Bears

Tom Brown

55814ccc22bbdd0765be40e9fbba8eba.gif

Jan 2- TCU at Baylor 6:00 PM
Line: TCU -1

TCU 12-1
Bay 10-3

Frogs are coming of their first loss since last season, and Baylor is coming off a 24 pt loss to TT.

Baylor had to play without Lual-Acuil and Waco Turtle.

Lual-Acuil is the team's leading rebounder, shot blocker, and second leading scorer, and Waco Turtle is statless but is the self-proclaimed leader of the team.

Lual-Acuil (#0) may return Tuesday night for the conference home opener after nursing an ankle injury. Waco Turtle (#5, #15, #0, #20) may return to action if his mom says it's ok.
Waco Turtle despite his great value to the team only attends home and games close to home. Basketball analysts think maybe he stays home to practice demonstrative celebrations.

TCU will need to break down the Bay zone D with dribble drives and the outside shot. If Lual Acuil plays we will see a great battle on the boards with Waco native Kenrich Williams.
The Frogs need to start more quickly than they did against OU if they have any hope to keep Waco Turtle from being a factor.

Waco Turtle usually plays a couple of rows behind the visitors bench, and has really been on his lit game since he started wearing the second arm band to games.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

Would have been nice going into this game with a win over OU. I thought TCU was little better than OU last Saturday but OU did a better job in the last 5 minutes.

Last edited:

LVH

Would have been nice going into this game with a win over OU. I thought was little better than OU last Saturday but OU did a better job in the last 5 minutes.

The silver lining of the OU loss is that it will send a message to our players. Dixon pointed it out after the game - our guys quit playing defense once we got a double digit lead and acted like we had the game won. No transition defense at all, no hustle, poor effort. Hopefully it sends the message that we need to defend and run back on defense for all 40 minutes.

My biggest nightmare is this team suffering the same fate as our 2014-2015 team. I believe our 2014-2015 team was talented enough to make the NCAA tournament that year. But they didn't know how to win. Didn't know how to close out games despite playing most games close. Ended up going 4-14 with a good roster and sealed Trent Johnson's fate and didn't even make the NIT. Any other conference that team is NCAA tourney bound but not in the Big 12.

Now I don't believe we are going 4-14 this year. But the margin of error in the Big 12 is so small that there isn't much difference between 9-9 and making the tournament and 6-12 and going to the NIT. KenPom says this year's Big 12 is the 3rd best conference ever since he started keeping track of stats, behind only the 2004 ACC and 2017 Big 12.

The only wins you can pencil in this year are Iowa State, Oklahoma State and Kansas State at home.

Slomo37

55814ccc22bbdd0765be40e9fbba8eba.gif

Jan 2- TCU at Baylor
espnnews.jpg
6:00 PM

TCU 12-1
Bay 10-3

Frogs are coming of their first loss since last season, and Baylor is coming off a 24 pt loss to TT.

Baylor had to play without Lual-Acuil and Waco Turtle.

Lual-Acuil is the team's leading rebounder, shot blocker, and second leading scorer, and Waco Turtle is statless but is the self-proclaimed leader of the team.

Lual-Acuil (#0) may return Tuesday night for the conference home opener after nursing an ankle injury. Waco Turtle (#5, #15, #0, #20) may return to action if his mom says it's ok.
Waco Turtle despite his great value to the team only attends home and games close to home. Basketball analysts think maybe he stays home to practice demonstrative celebrations.

TCU will need to break down the Bay zone D with dribble drives and the outside shot. If Lual Acuil plays we will see a great battle on the boards with Waco native Kenrich Williams.
The Frogs need to start more quickly than they did against OU if they have any hope to keep Waco Turtle from being a factor.

Waco Turtle usually plays a couple of rows behind the visitors bench, and has really been on his lit game since he started wearing the second arm band to games.

Liked for the Waco Turtle scouting report.

MTfrog5

If we are as good as we think we are then we have to win this game. Looking forward to see how we handle our first real road game

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Picked up where I left off reading “Violated” today in preparation for the game.

Wicked people can be found anywhere, but there is a high concentration of them 90 miles south of Fort Worth.

Darn Baylor forever.