• The KillerFrogs

Holaday named 1 of 3 finalists for the Johnny Bench Award

ricksterh

QUOTE(Frogenstein @ Jun 2 2010, 08:51 PM) [snapback]567350[/snapback]
Way to go Bryan! I cannot imagine there being a better all around catcher in college baseball.

+1 well deserved and congrats :biggrin: might as well go ahead and win it! :biggrin:

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Frogenstein @ Jun 2 2010, 03:51 PM) [snapback]567350[/snapback]
Way to go Bryan! I cannot imagine there being a better all around catcher in college baseball.

Just looking at the numbers, the other two finalists are better hitters and Bryan is better behind the plate... I guess it'll just come down to what the selection committee values more, hitting or defense. The good thing is, if there is one position where defense matters the most, it's catcher.

SnoSki

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 2 2010, 04:29 PM) [snapback]567362[/snapback]
Just looking at the numbers, the other two finalists are better hitters and Bryan is better behind the plate... I guess it'll just come down to what the selection committee values more, hitting or defense. The good thing is, if there is one position where defense matters the most, it's catcher.

Bryan is more than just a hitter.. he is literally the field general, and should be given the award solely on that.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 2 2010, 04:36 PM) [snapback]567365[/snapback]
Bryan is more than just a hitter.. he is literally the field general, and should be given the award solely on that.

I understand that, but I have a hard time believing the committee will choose the winner based on leadership/intangibles (especially in a sport like college baseball, which is rarely televised so they may have never even seen him play).

desmith03

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 2 2010, 04:59 PM) [snapback]567379[/snapback]
I understand that, but I have a hard time believing the committee will choose the winner based on leadership/intangibles (especially in a sport like college baseball, which is rarely televised so they may have never even seen him play).

Though b/c of the Mtn, there is ample tape on Holaday if the committee wants to watch him in action. What a great honor for him to be a finalist!!

BogeyGolf7

If the people that vote for this have actually seen any of these guys play the game, then Bryan will win this award - of course I haven't seen these other guys play

he plays the game the way it should be played, every pitch - he hustles like nobody else on the field and you don't see many guys go as hard as he does
I have really enjoyed watching him play for the Frogs over the years and hope he has a great career
I am sure glad he is my nephews favorite player because I know he is watching Bryan play the game the right way

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(BogeyGolf7 @ Jun 2 2010, 05:27 PM) [snapback]567394[/snapback]
If the people that vote for this have actually seen any of these guys play the game, then Bryan will win this award - of course I haven't seen these other guys play

he plays the game the way it should be played, every pitch - he hustles like nobody else on the field and you don't see many guys go as hard as he does
I have really enjoyed watching him play for the Frogs over the years and hope he has a great career
I am sure glad he is my nephews favorite player because I know he is watching Bryan play the game the right way

I would put my money on Grandal winning it, not that Bryan wouldn't be a very deserving winner.