• The KillerFrogs

Hey Moose where’s the basketball thread?

Pharm Frog

Okie Lite post-season ban is upheld.

The NCAA has rejected Oklahoma State's appeal and banned the Cowboys from the 2022 men's basketball postseason on Wednesday, in a decision the school called "unprecedented in the history of the NCAA."

Oklahoma State said it's believed to be the first time a school has received a postseason ban despite no violations in the areas of institutional control, failure to monitor, recruiting, head coach accountability, participation of an ineligible athlete or academic fraud.

At an emotional press conference, Oklahoma State coach Mike Boynton held back tears while expressing his unhappiness with the NCAA's decision.

StealthFrog

The NCAA has rejected Oklahoma State's appeal and banned the Cowboys from the 2022 men's basketball postseason on Wednesday, in a decision the school called "unprecedented in the history of the NCAA."

Oklahoma State said it's believed to be the first time a school has received a postseason ban despite no violations in the areas of institutional control, failure to monitor, recruiting, head coach accountability, participation of an ineligible athlete or academic fraud.

At an emotional press conference, Oklahoma State coach Mike Boynton held back tears while expressing his unhappiness with the NCAA's decision.
When will Boise State be receiving their punishment?

y2kFrog

Since Cunningham is gone they probably wouldn’t have made it anyway. Boynton has done little outside of bringing him in.

Farmfrog

Taking time out of the coaching search I went to the Purple/White scrimmage tonight. The question I have is why did Emanuel Miller not play. Neither he or Evans played so I hope neither is going to be out long.

Mike is still Mike, Baugh is going to drive some crazy but is super athletic. It was good to see Coles playing after his injury. We can go ten deep and still be athletic.

O’Bannon did a good job of shooting in rhythm from outside and knocked down 5 threes. Miles and Wells also hit at least three each. Shahada is going to play a lot, the guard rotation is going to interesting.

Baugh can jump out of the gym, that first steal he got was insane. He is going to turn lazy passes into transition dunks for us. He also had some nice drives to the hoop, though there were a couple of times where he tried to get a little too spectacular and force things that weren’t there, overall though he adds a lot of positives.

The chemistry between Miles and Peavy was very evident.. they set each other up all scrimmage, looked like two guys that had played together or around each other for a long time.

Didn’t get to see Miller, which meant Coles and Cork both got a lot of action. Coles is a really solid looking player on both ends, he can shoot and has nice touch around the rim too. Cork does a nice job of utilizing his length and suddenness to score inside, and did a nice job on the boards.

Biggest question mark for me is still center. Souleymane may look quite a bit like Kevin Samuel they way he has bulked up since Juco plus the short Afro and goatee that are very Kevin Samuelesque, his first touch and score were on a post move that reminded me more of a Vlad over the shoulder move. The kind we always hoped Samuel would develop. Was hoping he would get more looks tonight, but it was a very guard dominated scrimmage. With Lampkin, the effort is there, he isn’t afraid to get on the floor after loose balls, rebounded well, got a couple of put backs.

Didn’t get to see Evans or Miller tonight. Hoping we see them next week for the opener. I think we are going to be a fun team to watch.

SCORING LEADERS

White:
Wells - 14, Peavy - 13, Miles - 12, Coles - 7, Lampkin - 5

Purple: O’Bannon - 21, Baugh - 15, Cork - 7, Doumbia - 2

Last edited:
O’Bannon did a good job of shooting in rhythm from outside and knocked down 5 threes. Miles and Wells also hit at least three each. Shahada is going to play a lot, the guard rotation is going to interesting.

Baugh can jump out of the gym, that first steal he got was insane. He is going to turn lazy passes into transition dunks for us. He also had some nice drives to the hoop, though there were a couple of times where he tried to get a little too spectacular and force things that weren’t there, overall though he adds a lot of positives.

The chemistry between Miles and Peavy was very evident.. they set each other up all scrimmage, looked like two guys that had played together or around each other for a long time.

Didn’t get to see Miller, which meant Coles and Cork both got a lot of action. Coles is a really solid looking player on both ends, he can shoot and has nice touch around the rim too. Cork does a nice job of utilizing his length and suddenness to score inside, and did a nice job on the boards.

Biggest question mark for me is still center. Souleymane may look quite a bit like Kevin Samuel they way he has bulked up since Juco plus the short Afro and goatee that are very Kevin Samuelesque, his first touch and score were on a post move that reminded me more of a Vlad over the shoulder move. The kind we always hoped Samuel would develop. Was hoping he would get more looks tonight, but it was a very guard dominated scrimmage. With Lampkin, the effort is there, he isn’t afraid to get on the floor after loose balls, rebounded well, got a couple of put backs.

Didn’t get to see Evans or Miller tonight. Hoping we see them next week for the opener. I think we are going to be a fun team to watch.

SCORING LEADERS

White:

Who do you think the starting five will be, Guardian?

Eight

SCORING LEADERS

White:

would be really, really nice if o'bannon can consistently effective from the 3-point line to open things up a bit on the offensive end

FrogCoach84

I'm excited to watch this team. No clue how things will play out but there is enough on this roster to squint and see a competitive squad.

If Miles takes the next step then we have a bonafide top dog out there. The inside presence will be a huge question mark but the guard rotation looks like it could be a strength...though potentially very high variance game to game.

MTfrog5

If I understood correctly we had a poster who was threatened with a lawsuit by our AD just a few days ago because of things he had posted so it’s not that far fetched. Plus there’s that poor manager/trainer that Gary put out a hit on a few years back.
Definitely missed something with the AD and a lawsuit. This real?