• The KillerFrogs

Herschel Sims...

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(West Coast Johnny @ Apr 29 2010, 02:57 PM) [snapback]552718[/snapback]
Oh, I get it now. Abilene kids are dumb! Ha ha!

You must be from Abilene. :wacko:

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Five-star running back commits to OSU

By BILL HAISTEN World Sports Writer
Published: 4/29/2010 2:41 PM
Last Modified: 4/29/2010 2:41 PM

Herschel Sims, an Abilene (Texas) High School running back rated by Scout as a national five-star prospect, announced on Thursday his commitment to Oklahoma State.
As a junior, Sims rushed for 2,260 yards, averaging 9 yards per attempt while scoring 32 touchdowns. He also had 23 receptions for 371 yards, leading Abilene High to a 15-0 record and the Class 5A Division II state title.
At 5-foot-9 and 190 pounds, Sims is rated by Scout as the nation's No. 4 running back prospect overall and is similar physically to Cowboy running backs Kendall Hunter and Travis Miller.
GoPokes.com reports that Sims chose OSU over Southern Cal, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Kansas and Arizona.
Verbal commitments are non-binding. Recruits may sign national letters of intent in February.
Sims is the ninth player on OSU's 2011 commitment list, joining cornerback at Mikeatavius Jones of Galena Park North Shore High School in the Houston area; junior-college defensive end Ryan Robinson of Ellisville, Miss.; guard Michael Bowie, a former Sand Springs star now attending Navarro (Texas) College; defensive end Jimmy Bean and quarterback J.W. Webb of Guyer High School in Denton, Texas; defensive back Isaac Masalera of Glenpool; wide receiver David Glidden of Mustang; and guard Travis Cross of West High School in Plano, Texas.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/..._0_eshlSm719925

gdu

QUOTE(Frogenstein @ Apr 29 2010, 08:29 PM) [snapback]552752[/snapback]
Doesn't OSU have a good record of holding on to their recruits?

as long as the payments don't stop.

I kid, I kid...

talor

Poor kid must be getting absolutely barraged by recruiters and media. He went from a top three of OU, TCU, and USC... to TCU and USC to Miami, TCU, and USC...and then gives a verbal to Oklahoma State all in about 10 days.

VA Froggie

QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Apr 29 2010, 02:54 PM) [snapback]552716[/snapback]
It's a joke moron.

:blush: :wacko: I don't understand the humor in that one. :blink:

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(VA Froggie @ Apr 29 2010, 03:46 PM) [snapback]552769[/snapback]
:blush: :wacko: I don't understand the humor in that one. :blink:

I had about 5 fraternity brothers from Abilene...not the sharpest knives in the drawer. Running joke that everyone from Abilene must be a little slow.

Gunner

QUOTE(West Coast Johnny @ Apr 29 2010, 07:53 PM) [snapback]552714[/snapback]
You are an idiot.

ZZZZZZ, doesn't even bother me. Myles, bothers me. I want Myles or Ricky.

SnoSki

QUOTE(Gunner @ Apr 30 2010, 01:33 AM) [snapback]552884[/snapback]
ZZZZZZ, doesn't even bother me. Myles, bothers me. I want Myles or Keyarris.

He probably saw that we have like 3,402 RB on the roster who can all legitimately play..

talor

QUOTE(Gunner @ Apr 29 2010, 08:33 PM) [snapback]552884[/snapback]
ZZZZZZ, doesn't even bother me. Myles, bothers me. I want Myles or Keyarris.

Sometimes your views on things absolutely astound me, Gunner.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(TCUTalor @ Apr 29 2010, 08:58 PM) [snapback]552893[/snapback]
Sometimes your views on things absolutely astound me, Gunner.

Doesn't bother me either. We've got at least 4 really good backs on scholarship that all have at least 3 years left.