• The KillerFrogs

Helpful advice for searching on Seatgeek - variable pricing

froginmn

Discovered something VERY interesting about SeatGeek pricing. Long story short, the prices go up based on how much you search. On three different devices I saw the lowest ticket price (for the same section and row) at 645, 662, and 679.

If you're looking to buy from them, find what you want then use a "clean" device you haven't used to re-search and buy. Assume you could also clear cookies or something as well (maybe incognito mode as well) but please save yourself some fee money...

Just a PSA - thanks!

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Discovered something VERY interesting about SeatGeek pricing. Long story short, the prices go up based on how much you search. On three different devices I saw the lowest ticket price (for the same section and row) at 645, 662, and 679.

If you're looking to buy from them, find what you want then use a "clean" device you haven't used to re-search and buy. Assume you could also clear cookies or something as well (maybe incognito mode as well) but please save yourself some fee money...

Just a PSA - thanks!
Those [ mother farger ]s!!!!

Thanks for putting that out there. How did you figure that out?

froginmn

Those [ mother farger ]s!!!!

Thanks for putting that out there. How did you figure that out?
Haha I stated "long story short" after thinking I was too long winded in my initial post, but here goes:

I will be on a separate vacation next Monday so won't be able to attend, but I was still looking at ticket prices on my phone and had used the phone to look on SeatGeek to purchase my Fiesta tickets. I mentioned to my daughter that the $679 price is where tickets started.

She initially said she saw 4 something but I told her she needed to search with fees included (LOL she's a bigger fan than me so was also looking). When she did she saw the $645 price. That's when we compared notes and realized it was the same section and row. I used our "home" desktop computer, which we had not used to visit SG, and saw the 645 price as well for the same ticket and row.

Out of curiosity I looked at my work laptop, which I'd only used to look at Fiesta tickets, and it showed the middle $662 price for the same seats.

Fascinating stuff.