1. The KillerFrogs

Heads may explode, Redskins starting the process to change their name....

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by CryptoMiner, Jul 3, 2020.

1. older generations, mainly boomers, love to criticize younger generations, mainly millennials, about everyone getting a trophy. here’s what boomers forget - they were the ones giving out the trophies. it was their creation. do you think the 7 year olds on a soccer team drove to the store and got trophies?

the interesting part is that older generations lamenting about younger generations has happened throughout human history - https://gen.medium.com/why-older-people-have-always-trashed-young-people-8f918529009a

so at the very least the boomers can be applauded for keeping the tradition going.

2. Redskins is not a tribute, it’s blatantly racist.

3. People don’t seem to care.

gohornedfrogs and BABYFACE like this.
  4. Correct, I will edit that

5. Bigoted might be the more appropriate term here.

Curious, how do you feel about redskin potatoes?

6. Depends on the year... https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

If the team formerly known as the Redskins want to change their organization’s name that’s up to them and as a logo design junkie I’m looking forward to seeing what they come up with. However, I find it hilarious that the majority of people running around telling everyone what is offensive, often explaining the “facts” to the “affected” minorities, happen to be college educated white folk.

Salfrog, BABYFACE and Mean Purple like this.
  7. Also, I finally get to use my new GIF (until we change it to The Pit...)

Swamp Thing

TCURiggs and geezer like this.
  8. Is "everybody mind their own business and leave each other alone" a mascot?
    Cause if I had a team or biz that had a character right now, I'd go with that.

9. "On Sunday, two people with knowledge of the team’s plans said that the preferred replacement name has been held up by trademark issues, which is why the team couldn’t announce the new name Monday."

"In the July 4 interview, Rivera said he and Snyder had come up with two names that Rivera really liked. He did not reveal the names, but said he wanted to confer with Native American and military organizations to make sure that the new name properly honored both."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/13/redskins-change-name-announcement/

Let the guessing game begin: What name is associated with both Native Americans and military organizations...and is currently trademarked?

10. #90 CryptoMiner, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Don't have access so thought I would add this though probably part of the link (and Redtails is one)

[​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Salfrog, QuilterFrawg and TxFrog1999 like this.
  12. [​IMG]

namollec likes this.
  13. Golden State says hello.

14. You already mentioned trademark issues.

I'm not saying that's the name, but it certainly fit your criteria. I was really just looking for an excuse to use picture from the movie. :)

geezer likes this.
  15. Well then, let's bring back the Sentinal's name:

Salfrog likes this.
  16. I read something about some realtor in Alexandria had bought all of the trademarks for all of the renaming ideas. So they may have a hard time coming up with something they don’t have to buy.

17. Got one from the 300 movie? One of my favorite "pit" scenes.

namollec and Salfrog like this.
  19. The Pontiacs?

How about the Red Jackets?

20. SMH.