1. The KillerFrogs

Heads may explode, Redskins starting the process to change their name....

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by CryptoMiner, Jul 3, 2020.

1. How about "Foreskins"?

Dan Snyder is definitely a prick.

2. #3 CryptoMiner, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Think it is funny they used their logo in the announcement. One last time boys.....

SuperBarrFrog and ShreveFrog like this.
  3. It's all the Deep State's fault.

4. Sweat Equity likes this.
  5. "continue the mission of honoring and supporting Native Americans and our military"

Did I miss something? I get the native American bit given the name but....what's ant of this got to do with the military?

Sweat Equity likes this.
  6. Thought the same thing.

Sweat Equity likes this.
  7. Meanwhile I’m watching the Glorious Game Six between the Cardinals and the soon-to-be-named Texas Bluebonnets

Boomhauer and CryptoMiner like this.
  8. Actually most native Americans I hear from do find it offensive. I say change it and get over it. Why does it matter to anyone who isn’t Native American.

YA and 2themax like this.
  9. I'd find some nondescript local tribe and pay them a million dollars to us their name...like the Washington Mohawks.

Then I wouldn't change a damn thing else.

10. Sounds like anecdotal evidence, personally I could care less what the Washington nfl team is called just amusing the demographics of majority of those actually offended.

11. Why will this makes heads explode? Perfectly fine with me.

12. I couldn’t care less what they call themselves.

13. The Washington Generals.

14. I think there is actually a really logic name change choice here:

The Washington Pigskins

It works on so many levels:

1) “The Hogs” were a nickname for the great Washington O-line of the late 80’s and early 90’s. As such fans have been dressing up with snouts and other hog attire for the last few decades. So there is already an established tradition.

2) Pigs are pink, which is a red adjacent color. So it works well with Washington’s existing color scheme.

3) Fans could continue to use the nickname “Skins” when referring to Washington.

4) A Pigskin is a knickname for a football. And the organization is a professional football team.

15. the Washington Safespaces

16. Wasn’t Lee a General?

17. Can they even use the name Washington?

Perhaps the DC Sentinels?

fwfrog, bmoney214, Salfrog and 3 others like this.