• The KillerFrogs

Hazing

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Seriously what is the point of hazing? To build "brotherhood"? So "brotherhood" can't be built through normal means that don't involve abuse? It has to be done by abusing pledges?

Who the scheiss would want to be involved in a group that forces you to be abused in order to join?

How much of a pathetic [ muschi ] do you have to be to tolerate abuse and hazing from people above you just so you can build "brotherhood" and fit in.

Sounds like a bunch of [ muschi ] beta males who can't get friends the real way, so they put themselves through torment and abuse to get there instead.
Seriously what is the point of hazing? To build "brotherhood"? So "brotherhood" can't be built through normal means that don't involve abuse? It has to be done by abusing pledges?

Who the scheiss would want to be involved in a group that forces you to be abused in order to join?

How much of a pathetic [ muschi ] do you have to be to tolerate abuse and hazing from people above you just so you can build "brotherhood" and fit in.

Sounds like a bunch of [ muschi ] beta males who can't get friends the real way, so they put themselves through torment and abuse to get there instead.

Reject them before the reject you.

Frog-in-law1995

Not USA Cafe. 5th street pub doesn’t sound right, and it was not the type of place that would cal itself a pub. It was house music, very similar to what 8.0’s used to be late nights.

T-Ray

I am a current student, as a freshman who rushed and has been part of the Greek life system I can tell you that right now that the entire TCU Greek system is about to go down according to the fraternities presidents and the IFC .. it’s kinda like the southwest conference in the 80’s.. all fraternities are currently under sanctions and the university is the NCAA. The frats have regular meetings with the university.. I hope it stays but I don’t want TCU to look bad either..

I doubt it. I bet they are trying to scare you. This would make too many alumni (donors) mad. If the University did want to get rid of them it would be more of a slow bleed removal. The rising academic requirements of TCU, coupled with how this generation grew up I think will impact this more...Mercy, does that sound old. Like most have said, this incident doesn't come close to some of the things I have heard about and seen.

At the Ohio State game our seats were with a ton of my class of 05. My brother in law was next to me and I could tell he was kind of shocked as to what was going on. (Smoking, beer flying everywhere, police coming to intervene) He is a 2011 TCU grad and I told him if you want to know what it was like at TCU from 01-05, this is it! He is only 6 years removed.

Ray Finkle

At the Ohio State game our seats were with a ton of my class of 05. My brother in law was next to me and I could tell he was kind of shocked as to what was going on. (Smoking, beer flying everywhere, police coming to intervene) He is a 2011 TCU grad and I told him if you want to know what it was like at TCU from 01-05, this is it! He is only 6 years removed.
You can take the dude out of the frat but you can't take the frat out of the dude.

HToady

I am a current student, as a freshman who rushed and has been part of the Greek life system I can tell you that right now that the entire TCU Greek system is about to go down according to the fraternities presidents and the IFC .. it’s kinda like the southwest conference in the 80’s.. all fraternities are currently under sanctions and the university is the NCAA. The frats have regular meetings with the university.. I hope it stays but I don’t want TCU to look bad either..
David Boren at OU thought he would try the same thing at OU after their "racist on a bus" issue a couple of years ago with the SAEs. What he discovered was, that 65% of his enrollment was in the Greek system and the majority of those folks would rather find an equally average university with greek life than to go to his average university without greek life. That idea quickly faded.

Mean Purple

David Boren at OU thought he would try the same thing at OU after their "racist on a bus" issue a couple of years ago with the SAEs. What he discovered was, that 65% of his enrollment was in the Greek system and the majority of those folks would rather find an equally average university with greek life than to go to his average university without greek life. That idea quickly faded.
yeah, I don't see the university getting rid of a line of future alumni donors.

Pharm Frog

65%....would like to see evidence of that as I find it very hard to believe.

HFrog1999

I doubt it. I bet they are trying to scare you. This would make too many alumni (donors) mad. If the University did want to get rid of them it would be more of a slow bleed removal. The rising academic requirements of TCU, coupled with how this generation grew up I think will impact this more...Mercy, does that sound old. Like most have said, this incident doesn't come close to some of the things I have heard about and seen.

Way back in the 90's nobody drank, smoked, or hazed anyone.

Everyone studied quietly in the library and volunteered on the weekends.

giphy.gif

Pharm Frog

Yeah TCU is around 40% greek IIRC, and that is an extremely high percentage compared to public schools.

I think the point still stands but I never heard OU market more than 25% Greek and I was told by their admissions officers that this number was a bit "stretched". Still....25% would be a big number IMO but 65% seems way out of whack. My contention is that Boren changed his position not because of any realization or pressure but because he had weathered the proverbial storm and decided to let it ride.