• The KillerFrogs

Hate to say it,

Tumbleweed

And I'll say again, Sonny is not earning his contract at the present but I believe he should at least be given some leeway because of the perimeters placed by Gary on all OC's past and future.

y2kFrog

When he goes to the pros and he will go to pros, those coach's will eat his lunch in two seconds. Speed guys always want to run sideways!

WHERE is Anderson, our most talented RB? Is he in the dog house?

He didn’t play again after the non-fumble. I have no idea if he’s in the dog house or hurt. There was one run last he could have gotten 30 or 40 yards, instead we had an OL not block the MLB and Anderson got trucked instead.

f_399

He didn’t play again after the non-fumble. I have no idea if he’s in the dog house or hurt. There was one run last he could have gotten 30 or 40 yards, instead we had an OL not block the MLB and Anderson got trucked instead.

He was on the sideline bent down (after the non fumble)like he was winded and coach p came screaming and told him to stand up.

Never saw him play again.

Tumbleweed

Good RB and I mean good running backs, always perform at a higher level as the game progresses. You jump on that horse and ride with him. Think there;s more to it than just fumbling. Frustration on this team is a good handle to use.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
He was on the sideline bent down (after the non fumble)like he was winded and coach p came screaming and told him to stand up.

Never saw him play again.
Saw that, I remember it was a little less intense than you describe, but either way, Gary saw him, came down the sideline and told him to stand up. And he did.

Not sure what to make of it though. That was before the review was over and it ended up being not as bad as we thought. He just seemed bummed, which is understandable.

Limey Frog

The reason S.R. is under constant pressure is because he is so indecisive on the quick hitting plays that are designed to back off the opposition’s blitz. Starting with the game against an Ohio Team he has not shown the ability to make quick reads and deliver the ball. Defenses are baiting him into mistake after mistake......a perfect example is his backwards pass fumble that we see every game!! The kid can’t make basic plays with any consistency. If he could our opponent’s defense would be burned and forced to back off.

This is the problem. It was all going well for forty minutes into the Ohio State game, then they started to come after SR. Every team since has stacked the box and blitzed, blitzed, blitzed. SR isn't dealing with it at all, and Cumbie can't adjust. When your defense isn't generating turnovers at all but does at least force punts, your offense has to keep the ball, use clock and score. We can't do any of those three right now and nothing whatsoever suggests that we're about to start.

Data suggests that the 2018 Horned Frogs are just terrible.

Eight

This is the problem. It was all going well for forty minutes into the Ohio State game, then they started to come after SR. Every team since has stacked the box and blitzed, blitzed, blitzed. SR isn't dealing with it at all, and Cumbie can't adjust. When your defense isn't generating turnovers at all but does at least force punts, your offense has to keep the ball, use clock and score. We can't do any of those three right now and nothing whatsoever suggests that we're about to start.

great theory, but what if your offense doesn't have the personnel or ability to hold the ball for extended periods of time?

Horny4TCU

As a newer generation fan, as in started going to games with my dad in the 90's and really didn't start paying attention until the LT era. I have a new respect for all TCU fans that suffered through the 70s, 80s, and early 90s.

This [ Finebaum ] sandwich on offense is a beating. I couldn't imagine year after year of it.

Data actually suggests we are much closer to being 5-1 than the scores indicate.

Turnovers have killed us.

I would agree that we are terrible in the “eye test” metric, though.

At least we don’t have to worry about the body clock metric this year since we play 10 games in Texas.

Data actually suggests we are much closer to being 5-1 than the scores indicate.

Turnovers have killed us.

I would agree that we are terrible in the “eye test” metric, though.

At least we don’t have to worry about the body clock metric this year since we play 10 games in Texas.

We should hope ratings are down the way we are playing.

Limey Frog

great theory, but what if your offense doesn't have the personnel or ability to hold the ball for extended periods of time?

I think you're right; it doesn't. And I don't see much hope that it will until fundamental changes are made. If we try all of the same things next year then we'll stink again.

You guys criticize GP after a loss when you think he doesn't take enough responsibility. You criticize him after a loss when he takes responsibility but doesn't do it in exactly the way you want him to.

I think the moral of the story is that it really doesn't matter what a coach says when his team plays poorly. You're not going to be happy about it. It's either "say something else" or "stop talking about it and fix it."
I’m always puzzled when I run into someone who can’t take yes for an answer

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I was thinking today that maybe Collins doesn't get PT due to our ability (or lack thereof) to stop anything resembling a blitz most of the time. We've been consistently told that while Collins is no slouch with his legs, SR is the more mobile of the two. So maybe the thought is that we have to play the QB who has the best chance of escaping free or poorly blocked defenders coming at them.

PO Frog

I actually think the best way to beat a blitz is to throw through it with quick slants or over it. That’s why I don’t think a mobile QB is always the better option in that situation. Pachall, as an example, would stand there and get crushed but he would absolutely step up and deliver the ball. Running away from it and throwing without being able to get anything on it makes it so much tougher. Was never a huge Pachall guy but he would absolutely stand in the pocket in the face of serious heat.

Dusty

The reason S.R. is under constant pressure is because he is so indecisive on the quick hitting plays that are designed to back off the opposition’s blitz. Starting with the game against an Ohio Team he has not shown the ability to make quick reads and deliver the ball. Defenses are baiting him into mistake after mistake......a perfect example is his backwards pass fumble that we see every game!! The kid can’t make basic plays with any consistency. If he could our opponent’s defense would be burned and forced to back off.
This is exactly what is happening. Once Ohio State showed what happens when you blitz Robinson, then everyone has been doing it. If you watched Tech play, they were stacking the box to stop the run. Tech was forcing TCU to beat them with the pass. Once the run game was stuffed, Tech then started blitzing, that caused all of the wild confusion that make Robinson look so bad. Robinson is not capable of making quick reads and making a blitzing team pay for blitzing. It is past time to remove Robinson and put Collins in and see if can do better. Everything I read for the last year stated that Collins was giving Coach P's defense fits while running the scout team. Its time to make the change. Since Cumbie won't, its time for Coach P to make the decision to try and salvage the season, or whats left of it.

Ron Swanson

Gary was in classic intense Coach P barking mode last night. Nothing about any look in his eye gave the impression he doesn’t want to do this for much longer.

We’re just not good on offense this year. That’s it.

It’s happened before and it’ll happen again.