• The KillerFrogs

Hate to say it,

We are a poorly coached dumpster fire.

4th and 1 with two time-outs, on the halfway line and down by three. There is no excuse for running anything but a straight-ahead carry except a bad snap. Sonny Cumbie must be high on something.

It is my contention that Cumbie, Meacham and the Air Raid are what I feared all along but that Boykin and Doctson's insane talent kept this from being immediately apparent.

Fire Cumbie and find some kind of Dan Mullen starter kit to run (and I do mean run) an offense dedicated to clock control and not shooting itself in the foot. If we had those two things we'd be 4-1 right now. instead we are garbage and will finish 4-8. Hooray.

And that effing wildcat formation. If I see that formation one more time .....ever!

Surfrog

We are a lousy offensive football team. Lots of weapons but we can't seem to find a way to get the ball to them.

Scheme?? Coaching?

100% scheme and coaching. Under Meacham, the offense had check-downs, progressions, etc. Here, they call a play and if the primary guy isn't open it's "OH [ Finebaum ]!" literally there might be one or two reads per play. Not the traditional 3-4. Some plays, its already set up for who it's going to go to and defenses can key off if they have watched enough film.

The plug and play offense worked for a while, but now defenses know how to stop it. Hell Kliff and Cumbie went to the same offensive school.

maddogDemocrat

We are a poorly coached dumpster fire.

4th and 1 with two time-outs, on the halfway line and down by three. There is no excuse for running anything but a straight-ahead carry except a bad snap. Sonny Cumbie must be high on something.

It is my contention that Cumbie, Meacham and the Air Raid are what I feared all along but that Boykin and Doctson's insane talent kept this from being immediately apparent.

Fire Cumbie and find some kind of Dan Mullen starter kit to run (and I do mean run) an offense dedicated to clock control and not shooting itself in the foot. If we had those two things we'd be 4-1 right now. instead we are garbage and will finish 4-8. Hooray.
Tech D had Anderson's no. Not bout to let him loose. Their D outplayed ours.

maddogDemocrat

Shawn Robinson is not our QB of the future. May as well play the backup to see if he can fumble less... hit the broad side of a barn.
yes, he missed two threw down the stretch. Threw one in the dirt. Told the wife when he did that we would lose. Cannot do that and win. Their D was riled up to win. They knew he was gonna throw. Have to make first downs. A good qb can do that, not to mention a great one.

I think it all starts with a mediocre/bad OL.

That and the ridiculous turnovers

And I think that all starts with just an immature offense. And when I say immature, I don’t even mean inexperienced. I mean immature. I watched our OL pop up and make the first down sign after getting 2 yards on a 3rd & 1 when we are down 3-0 to Texas Ph*cking Tech in the 2nd quarter.
I think this is it. The two injuries in the OL have left the Frogs with players that flat are not physically able to do what they have to do. Add in the turnovers and here we are

Tumbleweed

TT young defensive mind had no trouble stopping the frogs. We were completely ineffective. When TT got the ball on offense, our defense obviously had problems of consistency. That doesn't bold well for a coach who has staked his reputation on a nationally ranked defense.

The three talking heads last night were taking jabs at Gary's intensive frantic style of complex defenses. Meaning there a number of young defensive minds that may have figured Gary defenses out.

For certain, there are no future head coach's 'in waiting' at TCU. That too was obvious last night Some glaring problems exist starting at the top.

FrogLifeYo

The Def is clearly not the problem and if your getting hung up by 2-3 big plays that TT got then your just not very astute. I don’t care how good you are anyone you play at the P5 level can pop a big play on you..TT has plug and played at QB for years and still put up points. We held them to 17 and 350 yards.

Over and over TCU proves you can’t win by being inept at one side of the game..Can’t happen. Replace Bama offense with ours and they have a loss. Poor execution and turnovers will get you beat all day long.

Penalties = Undisciplined = Coaches Fault
Poor Execution = Undisciplined = Coaches Fault
Turnovers = Stupidity/Carelessness = Players Fault

Why in holy hell are we so incredibly consistent on the defensive side of the ball but look like we all just met each other at a convention on the offensive side of the ball? It’s clear that we don’t have a coach on that side of the ball that knows how to teach and hold guys accountable. It really is that simple..I like Cumbie and think he’s creative, but at this point it’s clear he’s not a “details” guy..He just isn’t it..

ftwfrog

Keep Luper. Let Cumbie stay as OC. Give Thomsen a few more seasons. But fire Anderson, fire Sharp, fire Burns, and hire a new wide receivers coach and a new QB coach.

They have been fired before...they have just been re-hired in another position with similar importance.

I never understood this one bit. I actually get confused to how many different labels Anderson and Sharp have had. You were dog poop at coaching special teams we’re going to hire you as our new OLine coach. You were dog poop at coaching OLine, we’re going to hire you as our receivers coach. What!!?

If Sarloos isn’t effective as pitching coach, are we going to can him and hire him as our hitting instructor? No, because that’s not his expertise and they are a completely different skillset.

LVH

I think it’s clear he’s god awful

It's clear he is another Tyler Matthews or Foster Sawyer at this point.

I said this last night but I'll say it again. When the coaches were saying the QB battle was close, its not because Collins was good. It's because both QBs were equally bad.

We don't have the best history with backup QBs. Kolhaussen did lead us to near comeback at Oklahoma and the comeback vs. Oregon, but both games we benefitted from the other team's QB getting knocked out. Kolhaussen's 1st half against Oregon was worse than any half for Robinson this year.