• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Frog-in-law1995

BBQing today. Last night’s result helped me tremendously. We’re a virtual lock for the Fiesta against Michigan now, so I won’t be panicked at being unable to give today’s game my undivided attention.

HFrog1999

Another gem from the Hill Country Scanner.

Smoke Investigation/ Llano/ 300 block E Main/ Smoke coming from an outlet after the cat peed on it/ All occupants evacuated/ LVFD and LPD en route/
—LPD on scene

Damn cats! :)

black and white cat GIF

Shorty

I know the board is sensitive about merch links and discussion due to sponsors so hopefully this doesn't ruffle any feathers. Homefield has TCU joggers today.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Reminds me of another poster who years ago had their cat secure a number of “acting” gigs that paid decently well

That’s me! Checking in for my every other year post. His name was Cadbury. He passed away 2 years ago. For a guy who hated cats when I bought him for my wife (she was just my GF then) he ended up being an awesome pet.

He had gigs for Western Union, Pier 1, Samsung, Target, TXU, and his picture was on the bottle for all “Out” brand stain remover. He did other stuff but those were the big brands.

If I recall his pay was between $75-$125 an hour. We had 2 years where we made $2500 or more from it, but at that point we didn’t even care about the money, we just thought the whole thing was hilarious.

How it all started is that we randomly got a message from this lady on Facebook telling us she was a “pet agent” and that she had saw a picture of our cat through a mutual friend. Of course my wife and I thought it was a troll or something, but after Googling the lady and her business, we realized it was legit. She set up for us to bring the cat in for a “test shoot” one day. We brought him in and after about 5 minutes, the lady said “okay, he passed!” Apparently, as long as the pet didn’t immediately run and hide under the desk/table, they “passed” the test shoot. She started booking him for commercials and print ads right after that.

Hope all of you are doing okay!

Last edited:

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
That’s me! Checking in for my every other year post. His name was Cadbury. He passed away 2 years ago. For a guy who hated cats when I bought him for my wife (she was just my GF then) he ended up being an awesome pet.

He had gigs for Western Union, Pier 1, Samsung, Target, TXU, and his picture was on the bottle for all “Out” brand stain remover. He did other stuff but those were the big brands.

If I recall his pay was between $75-$125 an hour. We had 2 years where we made $2500 or more from it, but at that point we didn’t even care about the money, we just thought the whole thing was hilarious. We randomly got a message from this lady on Facebook telling us she was a “pet agent” and that she had saw a picture of our cat through a mutual friend. Of course my wife and I thought it was a troll or something, but after Googling the lady and her business, we realized it was legit. She set up for us to bring the cat in for a “test shoot” one day. We brought him in and after about 5 minutes, the lady said “okay, he passed!” Apparently, as long as the pet didn’t immediately run and hide under the desk/table, they “passed” the test shoot.

A black jacket for a cat? Doubly impossible.

froginmn

If I recall his pay was between $75-$125 an hour. We had 2 years where we made $2500 or more from it, but at that point we didn’t even care about the money, we just thought the whole thing was hilarious.

How it all started is that we randomly got a message from this lady on Facebook telling us she was a “pet agent” and that she had saw a picture of our cat through a mutual friend. Of course my wife and I thought it was a troll or something, but after Googling the lady and her business, we realized it was legit. She set up for us to bring the cat in for a “test shoot” one day. We brought him in and after about 5 minutes, the lady said “okay, he passed!” Apparently, as long as the pet didn’t immediately run and hide under the desk/table, they “passed” the test shoot. She started booking him for commercials and print ads right after that.

Hi, another poster!!!

Glad that your "pet agent" didn't have a hidden meaning (that could have gone REALLY sideways), and hope you're well also.

froginmn

Curious as to what people are seeing regarding US mail in various parts of the country. We had a week in November where we MIGHT have received mail twice. Delivery is very sporadic; my wife's real estate office (where commission checks are still mailed) hadn't received mail for several days so the office manager visited the post office and there was a stack of undelivered mail in the back.

Seems like USPS is still delivering packages (through agreements with UPS etc.) but not prioritizing daily mail. Our mail used to come reliably at about 1 pm; now if it comes in a given day it may be 6 pm or later. For as little important mail as we get I'd be fine if they just said they're cutting back to 3x/week but this is getting ridiculous.

I occasionally mail something important but can't really count on it arriving promptly.

What say you?