• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
For research purposes... who else has experienced in this last couple months a "cold" that's negative for covid but lasts like 2-3 weeks and is way worse (at least in my experience) than covid?

HornyWartyToad

For research purposes... who else has experienced in this last couple months a "cold" that's negative for covid but lasts like 2-3 weeks and is way worse (at least in my experience) than covid?
Not me, but one of my neighbors did. IDK that it was worse than covid, but he said it was pretty harsh. Theory I'm hearing from meds who specialize in that kind of thing is that by suppressing the spread of covid the last 2 years by distancing, etc., there may be a greater number of those types of cases this year because of reduced antibodies by virtue of not having been exposed to the usual extent to flu and cold. There were many bigger words bandied about but I'm pretty sure that's the gist. . . Or possibly not.

HFrog1999

The answer is obvious.

life frog GIF

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Not me, but one of my neighbors did. IDK that it was worse than covid, but he said it was pretty harsh. Theory I'm hearing from meds who specialize in that kind of thing is that by suppressing the spread of covid the last 2 years by distancing, etc., there may be a greater number of those types of cases this year because of reduced antibodies by virtue of not having been exposed to the usual extent to flu and cold. There were many bigger words bandied about but I'm pretty sure that's the gist. . . Or possibly not.
That does make sense, as many of us have had drastically reduced close contact for a few years... Have also heard the theory that this flu strain doesn't affect the stomach as severely as most so people who get it assume it's a cold.

I first got sick two thursdays ago and damn if I'm not still coughing up crap.

HFrog1999

That does make sense, as many of us have had drastically reduced close contact for a few years... Have also heard the theory that this flu strain doesn't affect the stomach as severely as most so people who get it assume it's a cold.

I first got sick two thursdays ago and damn if I'm not still coughing up crap.

My family got sick right before Halloween. We’ve been fighting it for several weeks.

My wife lost her voice. Which may sound nice, but she kept a list of grievances for when she got her voice back.

I can’t attribute it to having less contact with people though, I was an “essential worker” who never stopped going out and meeting with people.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
My family got sick right before Halloween. We’ve been fighting it for several weeks.

My wife lost her voice. Which may sound nice, but she kept a list of grievances for when she got her voice back.

I can’t attribute it to having less contact with people though, I was an “essential worker” who never stopped going out and meeting with people.
Same here, have been at work physically the whole time. Do see a massive difference (complete lack of, really) any voluntary protective equipment over the last year though

Hope the fam is steadily improving to full health

Shorty

I had a fever for a few days, bad sore throat, and lost my voice for about a week in early October. My wife got sick a couple weeks later and tested positive for strep. Then my son got sick and teated positive for strep and flu.

ATC Frog

The flu is rampant right now, or so it seems. Both my kids and I had it the week before thanksgiving. My wife’s granny, brother and 3 of his kids, and a friend of mine’s kid all had it over thanksgiving week. And now a coworker has it as well.

Flu A making up for lost time from 2020-21 it seems.

Edit: between Covid (omicron I’m guessing because it was June 2022) and the flu, I’d take Covid 10 times out of 10. The flu sucked.

HFrog1999

The flu is rampant right now, or so it seems. Both my kids and I had it the week before thanksgiving. My wife’s granny, brother and 3 of his kids, and a friend of mine’s kid all had it over thanksgiving week. And now a coworker has it as well.

Flu A making up for lost time from 2020-21 it seems.

Edit: between Covid (omicron I’m guessing because it was June 2022) and the flu, I’d take Covid 10 times out of 10. The flu sucked.

The flu nearly killed me in 2008. It gave me pneumonia in both lungs and put me in the hospital for a week.