• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Eight

For those of you with family members on the autistic spectrum, I have some rare good news to pass along. My daughter is a forever child, a relatively new term in the lexicon. Even though she got through regular high school with only minimal assistance she is now and remains basically 12, even though she is 27. But last week she had a moment of adult clarity breakthrough and asked me if I would find a home for two of her big dolls that she acquired at Six Flags many years ago. For her to ask me to help find a home for two of her dolls is considerable. So now I have the unique honor to find a home for these two dolls—would like to gift them to my Frog family for anyone who has toddlers. They are big, soft, clean & safe to climb on. This also includes free delivery within the DFW area and suburbs. Please contact me by DM if you are interested and thank you to KFC leadership for allowing me to post this here for a limited time.

thank you for sharing shadow and wish you and your daughter more victories in her progression in life

vicarfrog

PAC presidents preferring flexibility of no GOR or a less-rigid one and the $$ gap won’t likely be that significant on the grand scheme.

There are approximately 5 Go5 teams that have been evaluated. You could guess their names.

Better than 50/50.
In your opinion, are there any more G5 that really move the needle? I feel like we got the ones who do.

What would be the strategy of pursuing anymore G5?

In your opinion, are there any more G5 that really move the needle? I feel like we got the ones who do.

What would be the strategy of pursuing anymore G5?
I don't want to get into the strategy, but on "value" it depends how you think about it... Media value? Not really. It's more about making long-term bets on teams, schools, markets, etc. in football and basketball, trying to form a clear "third best" conference.

vicarfrog

I don't want to get into the strategy, but on "value" it depends how you think about it... Media value? Not really. It's more about making long-term bets on teams, schools, markets, etc. in football and basketball, trying to form a clear "third best" conference.
I think I get what you’re saying.

It’s a long term outlook and a bit of a gamble that down the road a G5 team strengthens the overall conference brand.

YA

Memphis, South Florida, Colorado State, San Diego State and Boise State, maybe East Carolina are all that are left.

A few quick tidbits I’ve picked up on the road recently:

Reminder that my current view on things remains unchanged: https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php?threads/big-12-expansion.231728/page-10#post-3165141

- If you assume no more moves are made, I do think the PAC 10 will stick together for now. I see a GOR agreement being unlikely, at least without a very short term, exit clauses, or other poison pills to satisfy ORE/Wash/Cal. More on that shortly.

- Big 12 still working hard on expansion options, including a few non power 5 schools. Don’t see anything happening until the BIG wraps up its work.

- I believe, based on some ongoing analysis work I’ve been a part of or privy to, that NBC is likely willing to rework their ND deal. However, the BIG may win out regardless, as their overall offering will be superior and ND folks are worried about playoff access down the road. They have a lot of leverage right now. The number floating around, $75 million a year for 6-7 ND games on NBC, is not as crazy as folks think. NBC could make money on that deal, but it would mean a substantial move into college football and sports overall, are they ready to do that?

- Lots of work going on right now at NBCUniversal to try and chart their path forward. There is a contingent that would love to see three games a day on NBC Saturday’s leading into their late night comedy content, plus a few games on USA and Peacock. ND would be their tent pole team, and the Big 12 is their other partner preference. However, are they willing to pay the premiums, not to mention all the related support costs around broadcasting and studio shows, hosts, etc.? Big $$ decision at a hard time, big gamble. Even if they say yes, Big 12 would still need another partner for their inventory of remaining Tier 2+3 content, but FOX and ESPN have space.

- It is my belief, based on some research I got my hands on, that the BIG Presidents would like to add Oregon, Washington, and Cal to the BIG along with ND. They think those four would round out the conference “perfectly.” Cal being added to the mix has to do with the $$ added from the Bay Area subs to the BIG network, and the belief that adding Cal would be an “institutional fit” and ward off the coming scrutiny and lawsuits. There hasn’t been enough said about this, there is real risk of turmoil around UCLA, and Cal has been working a TON of back channels re: getting in the BIG. None of these three teams are slam dunks, but I think the BIG will pull the trigger if ND hops on. If not, they may decide to wait for the next cycle. Always remember: This conference convinced itself to add Rutgers, they will do lots of crazy things you or I wouldn’t do.

- Big 12 preference is still ASU, Utah, Colo, and Ariz in that order, and then some G5 schools before other P12 members to be honest. Ariz is the most shaky of that group though, I honestly don’t know how the league feels about it overall. The data is shaky.

Lots of moving parts… NBC decision makers holding many fates in their hands right now.
A few quick tidbits I’ve picked up on the road recently:

Reminder that my current view on things remains unchanged: https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php?threads/big-12-expansion.231728/page-10#post-3165141

- If you assume no more moves are made, I do think the PAC 10 will stick together for now. I see a GOR agreement being unlikely, at least without a very short term, exit clauses, or other poison pills to satisfy ORE/Wash/Cal. More on that shortly.

- Big 12 still working hard on expansion options, including a few non power 5 schools. Don’t see anything happening until the BIG wraps up its work.

- I believe, based on some ongoing analysis work I’ve been a part of or privy to, that NBC is likely willing to rework their ND deal. However, the BIG may win out regardless, as their overall offering will be superior and ND folks are worried about playoff access down the road. They have a lot of leverage right now. The number floating around, $75 million a year for 6-7 ND games on NBC, is not as crazy as folks think. NBC could make money on that deal, but it would mean a substantial move into college football and sports overall, are they ready to do that?

- Lots of work going on right now at NBCUniversal to try and chart their path forward. There is a contingent that would love to see three games a day on NBC Saturday’s leading into their late night comedy content, plus a few games on USA and Peacock. ND would be their tent pole team, and the Big 12 is their other partner preference. However, are they willing to pay the premiums, not to mention all the related support costs around broadcasting and studio shows, hosts, etc.? Big $$ decision at a hard time, big gamble. Even if they say yes, Big 12 would still need another partner for their inventory of remaining Tier 2+3 content, but FOX and ESPN have space.

- It is my belief, based on some research I got my hands on, that the BIG Presidents would like to add Oregon, Washington, and Cal to the BIG along with ND. They think those four would round out the conference “perfectly.” Cal being added to the mix has to do with the $$ added from the Bay Area subs to the BIG network, and the belief that adding Cal would be an “institutional fit” and ward off the coming scrutiny and lawsuits. There hasn’t been enough said about this, there is real risk of turmoil around UCLA, and Cal has been working a TON of back channels re: getting in the BIG. None of these three teams are slam dunks, but I think the BIG will pull the trigger if ND hops on. If not, they may decide to wait for the next cycle. Always remember: This conference convinced itself to add Rutgers, they will do lots of crazy things you or I wouldn’t do.

- Big 12 preference is still ASU, Utah, Colo, and Ariz in that order, and then some G5 schools before other P12 members to be honest. Ariz is the most shaky of that group though, I honestly don’t know how the league feels about it overall. The data is shaky.

Lots of moving parts… NBC decision makers holding many fates in their hands right now.
Looks like NBC has decided to go big in CFB, but with the BIG as their partner. I’m somewhat surprised they were willing to put up the money, but it appears they are splitting a package with CBS so that may explain it.

ESPN has been out of the BIG race for awhile, and FOX appears to only be holding onto a chunk of BIG inventory at the end of the day (likely due to conference request), so there is for sure room with Fox and ESPN for both the PAC and Big 12.

Ha! I’m with that skin care life. My dad recently had several cancerous chunks cut out of his nose and scalp. I’m not trying to have that. I’m already bald so I cover up everything I can.
My dad too—nose, face, neck and one or two on the torso—Mohs surgery most years. Friends too and a few acquaintances have died. Surprises me that people still sunbathe by the pool and at the beach. If you are a woman and want to age well, the sun is your enemy—it simply ages you, making the skin spotted, wrinkled and inelastic; and cancerous.

Last edited:
My son’s “back to school” night for kindergarten is going on right now and I’m here to report on some of his classmates’ names. Best of the bunch so far are:

Harvest
Gotham
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv