• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

FrogAbroad

beer-consumption-map-2-1024x768.jpg

froginmn

Going thru old Navy papers for shredding, and came across this comic, probably sent to me by my brother. I was stationed in Japan, and not following college football too much. What was going on in the SWC in 1989?
View attachment 11406
I was a soph. SMU had been death penaltied, TCU was on double secret probation for turning themselves in, and everyone else was worrying about who'd get hammered next.

tcudoc

E5451A42-3EC0-4419-9A98-09769ADBBB54.jpegB2484BD7-85B4-41A1-8C2C-8C6ADA4BF8E8.jpeg
After the graduation was complete, they announced they had a special surprise. They turned off the stadium lights and did a drone light show. It was really cool. They had an entire “army” of programmed drones that did an amazing precision light show set to music in honor of Navarro College’s 75th anniversary. The drones flew around and made about 20 different very precise formations including a simulated fireworks show. I’m sure it was not cheap to hire that company because it was pretty darned impressive and completely unexpected after witnessing a 3 hour painful graduation process in a high school football stadium. I had to admit I was pretty impressed.8D559249-5535-44EC-9F72-DAEB543945C9.jpeg

Last edited:

tcudoc

I just heard that there is a secret Norm MacDonald special that he filmed to be released posthumously. This better not be a prank…