• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

TCURiggs

AHA video

Wanted to share this here. My wife and I were chairs of the American Heart Association’s Tarrant County “Heart Ball” on Saturday, and this is the video they produced for it. We had to go film one day, and we had no clue how it would turn out, as they sprung it on us and everyone else for the first time at the event. Had to bite my lip a bit to get through it and speak immediately after, especially after I saw my kiddos in the clip. It was an awesome night and we want to keep sharing our story to raise awareness about the importance of learning CPR, which is why I wanted to put it here as well.

tcudoc

AHA video

Wanted to share this here. My wife and I were chairs of the American Heart Association’s Tarrant County “Heart Ball” on Saturday, and this is the video they produced for it. We had to go film one day, and we had no clue how it would turn out, as they sprung it on us and everyone else for the first time at the event. Had to bite my lip a bit to get through it and speak immediately after, especially after I saw my kiddos in the clip. It was an awesome night and we want to keep sharing our story to raise awareness about the importance of learning CPR, which is why I wanted to put it here as well.
Great story. Thanks for sharing it.

tcudoc

I can't recall if this has been discussed here before, but I wanted to share an article about the Thailand cave diving rescue. It is a medical article, so it is fairly complex in its medical language content, but I think it is written in a way that most can understand the general ideas of the complexities of the endeavor and just exactly how impressive the entire process was. Basically, they anesthetized the soccer team and then embarked on a 2.6 km swim out of the cave through very tight crevices and against ocean currents. If you take the time to read it and you understand that anesthetizing these kids in a hospital setting has its own inherent risks and then compound that with austere and hostile conditions and modest equipment, the danger and gravity of the situation should be evident. The members of this rescue team were truly innovators and real life heroes. I cannot even imagine the level of bravery and brains it took to formulate and then execute this plan. Sadly, one of the rescue divers perished in the process as they tried to deliver oxygen tanks through the small passages.
I hope that some of you may trudge through it and find it as impressive as I thought it was.
Hopefully the link will work for others and not be blocked. It works for me, but I have access to a lot of medical journals through institutional agreements, so it is possible that it may not allow it.

Thailand soccer team cave rescue

Last edited:

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
AHA video

Excellent story. Beautiful family. Thank you for sharing with us.

YA

AHA video

Great story. Thanks for sharing. My wife had a cardiac event and was in icu and on the heart floor at Harris Methodist downtown for 6 days too. I came home early and found her. I was told if I was 5 minutes later it would be a funeral I was planning. It was terrifying. Thank you for posting this story. Great looking family as well and your are blessed.

TCURiggs

Great story. Thanks for sharing. My wife had a cardiac event and was in icu and on the heart floor at Harris Methodist downtown for 6 days too. I came home early and found her. I was told if I was 5 minutes later it would be a funeral I was planning. It was terrifying. Thank you for posting this story. Great looking family as well and your are blessed.

Thanks, Ya. I'm definitely blessed.

Harris Methodist is an incredible place. We're lucky to have it in Fort Worth.

Sorry to hear about your wife. These types of things are far too common. I hope she, and you, are doing well. I know post-event was harder on my wife than it was on me. As I jokingly (semi-jokingly) tell people... "I'm fine... I "slept" through all of it!"

YA

Thanks, Ya. I'm definitely blessed.

Harris Methodist is an incredible place. We're lucky to have it in Fort Worth.

Sorry to hear about your wife. These types of things are far too common. I hope she, and you, are doing well. I know post-event was harder on my wife than it was on me. As I jokingly (semi-jokingly) tell people... "I'm fine... I "slept" through all of it!"
Yes we are great!! She also remembers none of it which is also very helpful. She does have a more win the day attitude as you never know type of thing which is not unusual. Another chance at life. God speed friend.

froginmn

AHA video

Great story and thanks for spreading the news about learning CPR.

Oh, and strong battery power in the reenactment!

Eight

Here's a little factoid about CPR. In order to maintain the proper rhythm when administrating CPR, you should think about, or sing, either "Staying Alive" or "Another One Bites the Dust." They have the same beat. I just know that if someone was giving me CPR, I would hope they'd be singing the former!

just get a certain 2nd baseman near you and things would start back on their own

froginmn

Here's a little factoid about CPR. In order to maintain the proper rhythm when administrating CPR, you should think about, or sing, either "Staying Alive" or "Another One Bites the Dust." They have the same beat. I just know that if someone was giving me CPR, I would hope they'd be singing the former!
And you don't want Phormer anywhere near you...

Paul in uhh

1651204901481.jpeg

Anyone know this man? He masturbated on my neighbor’s porch from 1-4am this morning.

We live near South Drive/Granbury Rd/Hulen Mall/South Hills.

Posting here because of the TCU hoodie. The guy looks familiar to me but I can’t place why.

Please PM or better yet call FWPD if you have details. My neighbor moved in just a few weeks ago and is terrified.

Bruce Berry

Was at an event with Patterson and DelConte tonight.

Patterson looks so out of place in Austin. Its like he knows it.

Not for nothing but DelConte acts like a clown-cowboy hat making a lot of noise.