• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Eight

I would find a way to turn that off before an insurance carrier gets it

Sounds like the devices that stupid people put on their vehicles for insurance discounts. Hello stupid McFly, your rates will go up even more than normal or get rated out of that companies polices.

gets it as in future tense?

YA

I've never tried that type of thing b/c trust issues. But I've always wondered how it works. For example, the speed limit of much of I-30 is 60 mph... but by actually going 60 you are a road hazard in many scenarios. So do you get a lower rate if you go the nominal speed limit, or the "safe" flow of traffic speed?
The devices know the speed limits by gps. Go over many times and your rates will go up or the carrier will drop you

Peacefrog

Degenerate
You always pay more yearly regardless, even if just drive a mile a year. But having a tracker on your car, which is what those devices are, your rates will go up substantially.
That was my point. Pretty much no matter what you do your rates will go up.

YA

you miss my point, you act like they don't already have ways to access the information
Unless the car companies are sharing black box information with ones carrier, then no insurance carriers don’t know specific driving habits. They can get it in accidents for sure with subpoenaed information.

In fact, I would love to know if they are doing this illegally as I would get a class action lawsuit cerified in federal court and make many multiples millions of dollars.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Unless the car companies are sharing black box information with ones carrier, then no insurance carriers don’t know specific driving habits. They can get it in accidents for sure with subpoenaed information.

In fact, I would love to know if they are doing this illegally as I would get a class action lawsuit cerified in federal court and make many multiples of millions of dollars.
I feel as though you may have some distaste toward the instance industry

HFrog1999

just watch for the drone strike when you exceed the speed limit by a number preset by your local traffic authorities

speed-limit-enforced-by-aircraft-this-is-it-right-42071575.png

YA

Then you would be the luckiest person in the world. Even if it goes up $10 dollars a year I have never known an insurance carrier that didn’t have some increase every year. I guess it is possible with the non standard policies that are month to month.

Double V

Then you would be the luckiest person in the world. Even if it goes up $10 dollars a year I have never known an insurance carrier that didn’t have some increase every year. I guess it is possible with the non standard policies that are month to month.
My car gets older, and depreciates in value. My rates decrease over time, accordingly. Not necessarily every year, as some are up and some are down. I also shop it around every year. I would agree that if you just stick with the same company, they'll absolutely creep your rate higher. I call them and ask for new quotes and tell them I'm shopping rates every year.