• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Dogfrog

Since we are exchanging recipes like a bunch of old church ladies..... Just started doing cherry preserves, bourbon, brwon sugar and or maple syrup. Reduce that down and glaze pork chop or loin. Pairs really well. Also use as a sauce if you like.
Speaking of church ladies I am leaking testosterone at an alarming rate. My mom is 92 and she can’t make her Chocolate pie anymore so I’m thinking about partnering with wife to attempt the impossible. Secret is her from scratch crust that has all kinds of little nuanced processes that we will not be able to repeat, a certain kind of bitter cooking chocolate squares they don’t make anymore, topped off by the cream topping. She admits it probably took her three or four dozen crusts before she perfected it years ago so likely a certain train wreck.

Speaking of church ladies I am leaking testosterone at an alarming rate. My mom is 92 and she can’t make her Chocolate pie anymore so I’m thinking about partnering with wife to attempt the impossible. Secret is her from scratch crust that has all kinds of little nuanced processes that we will not be able to repeat, a certain kind of bitter cooking chocolate squares they don’t make anymore, topped off by the cream topping. She admits it probably took her three or four dozen crusts before she perfected it years ago so likely a certain train wreck.
To distract from the crust, bring focus to the filling by simply adding 3/4 cup of grape jelly; that is if your compromised yam sack will allow you to be so bold. :) Your mother‘s pie sounds great

Last edited:

froginmn

Lmao. She's so shocked that the Eagles guy is flipping people off.

16815023-big-pile-of-logs-on-a-wood-processing-plant-background.jpg

Dogfrog

I lived in Philly a long time ago during the years they played in the Super Bowl and won the World Series. Our company had season tickets to both. The fans are crazy, but mostly alcohol driven, they’re good folks. Learned that to survive you have to go right back at them. I wore a Cowboys cap in there and a guy a couple rows back screamed “first time the Eagles score that hat’s going over the rail”. I said yea? Well you’re going with it. We all laughed and he bought me a beer.

tcudoc

I lived in Philly a long time ago during the years they played in the Super Bowl and won the World Series. Our company had season tickets to both. The fans are crazy, but mostly alcohol driven, they’re good folks. Learned that to survive you have to go right back at them. I wore a Cowboys cap in there and a guy a couple rows back screamed “first time the Eagles score that hat’s going over the rail”. I said yea? Well you’re going with it. We all laughed and he bought me a beer.
It has been discussed here before, but look up the Philadelphia incident with Bill Burr. The backstory is that he was performing at an outdoor comedy festival and was following Dom Irrera, a comedian's comedian and one of the favorites of many active comedians because he has mentored and paved the way for so many others. The Philly crowd had just booed Dom. He was pretty pissed about it. Kind of like if someone had heckled your frail grandfather. So Burr goes out and starts his set, pretty pissed from the outset. The crowd begins to heckle him, so he discards his planned 15 minute set and goes on a tirade against everything Philadelphia for a full 12-13 minutes. It is not for the faint of heart. He made himself a legend within the comedy world with this performance.
** He had to finish his 15 minute set in order to be paid.

Dogfrog

It has been discussed here before, but look up the Philadelphia incident with Bill Burr. The backstory is that he was performing at an outdoor comedy festival and was following Dom Irrera, a comedian's comedian and one of the favorites of many active comedians because he has mentored and paved the way for so many others. The Philly crowd had just booed Dom. He was pretty pissed about it. Kind of like if someone had heckled your frail grandfather. So Burr goes out and starts his set, pretty pissed from the outset. The crowd begins to heckle him, so he discards his planned 15 minute set and goes on a tirade against everything Philadelphia for a full 12-13 minutes. It is not for the faint of heart. He made himself a legend within the comedy world with this performance.
** He had to finish his 15 minute set in order to be paid.
Wow, is there a term for hilarious/disturbing?

Edit: by disturbing, don’t mean what he said, more like was he having a breakdown?

Last edited:

tcudoc

Wow, is there a term for hilarious/disturbing?

Edit: by disturbing, don’t mean what he said, more like was he having a breakdown?
He is normally a bit of an angry comic, but, yeah, he seemed like he was losing his cool quite a bit. I watched an interview with him about the event. He said that when he walked off the stage, he felt sure his career was done. He said there was a buzz occurring backstage and that everyone was saying that they had just witnessed comedy history. The comics had seen a comedian take on one or a few hecklers before and roast them. However, no one had ever witnessed a comic take on an entire arena...and win. Love him or hate him, that rant was one of a kind. He says it is problematic because now, when he performs, there is a subset of the audience that wants to recreate that event, so it is very disruptive to his act. The crowd essentially wants him to lose his mind and go off on them in some sadistic rant and to hear what he thinks of them and their city. I heard about this about a year ago and went down a rabbit hole on it one day. Pretty fascinating how it all played out and changed the trajectory of his career somewhat. It could have easily gone the other way, but he seems to have made it work for him to increase his notoriety as a unique comic.