• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

SuperBarrFrog

Volare

Sorry if already discussed but has anybody tried Goldee’s BBQ yet? Goldee’s is #1 ranked bbq joint in Texas in latest Texas Monthly top 50 bbq ranking. Right here in the Fort. (Near Kennedale)
I ate there about a month before they were rated #1 after a morning at Alpine. It was good. I didn't think it was anything transcendent, although certainly better than many places that have been around Fort Worth for decades and are supposedly good.

Dogfrog

I ate there about a month before they were rated #1 after a morning at Alpine. It was good. I didn't think it was anything transcendent, although certainly better than many places that have been around Fort Worth for decades and are supposedly good.
Alpine? This is in Fort Worth.

Eight

I’ve been reading those Texas Monthly rankings for years. While I agree for the most part with their rankings I think they have been pretty South / Central Texas (Austin) centric over the years. Probably for good reason. This is kind of a big deal.

eaten at all three of the austin bbq's in the top 10 and don't thing they are any better than a number i have eaten at including cork screw and tejas.

blood brothers is underrated, think killen's and truth is overrated and the one from the houston area that isn't mentioned that should be is cobo's

Frog-in-law1995

Sorry if already discussed but has anybody tried Goldee’s BBQ yet? Goldee’s is #1 ranked bbq joint in Texas in latest Texas Monthly top 50 bbq ranking. Right here in the Fort. (Near Kennedale)

Of course. Been eating there for 40 years, though it’s only been “Goldee’s” for about 5. It’s really good, but #1? Nah. Ribs are especially good for a restaurant. Brisket is good, but doesn’t stand out to me compared to other restaurants on that list. Burnt Bean in Seguin is my #1 in Texas. Hurtado is my #1 in Tarrant Co (with respects to Heim).

TCURiggs

Of course. Been eating there for 40 years, though it’s only been “Goldee’s” for about 5. It’s really good, but #1? Nah. Ribs are especially good for a restaurant. Brisket is good, but doesn’t stand out to me compared to other restaurants on that list. Burnt Bean in Seguin is my #1 in Texas. Hurtado is my #1 in Tarrant Co (with respects to Heim).

You watch the video? It said these guys opened Goldee's in Feb 2020 after they had worked in the Austin-area BBQ scene for five years or so, although the location was a BBQ joint before.

Frog-in-law1995

You watch the video? It said these guys opened Goldee's in Feb 2020 after they had worked in the Austin-area BBQ scene for five years or so, although the location was a BBQ joint before.
It’s been a bbq joint since I was a kid. Not great, but decent enough after a day of shooting. I thought there was a different owner mid 2010s but could be wrong. Didn’t really pay attention to the name, but noticed it was a lot better when we went last year. Couldn’t have told you the name until I saw it in Tx Monthly. Kinda shocked, tbh.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It’s been a bbq joint since I was a kid. Not great, but decent enough after a day of shooting. I thought there was a different owner mid 2010s but could be wrong. Didn’t really pay attention to the name, but noticed it was a lot better when we went last year. Couldn’t have told you the name until I saw it in Tx Monthly. Kinda shocked, tbh.
I’ve been going to that Chili’s on University since the early 90’s. Now when I go to that Chili’s they call it Eatzi’s and it’s definitely not the best Chili’s I have ever been to.

Frog-in-law1995

I’ve been going to that Chili’s on University since the early 90’s. Now when I go to that Chili’s they call it Eatzi’s and it’s definitely not the best Chili’s I have ever been to.
I don’t mean to brag, but I own the axe that George Washington used to chop down the cherry tree. Now, it’s had 7 new blades and 10 new handles, but it’s his axe.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I don’t mean to brag, but I own the axe that George Washington used to chop down the cherry tree. Now, it’s had 7 new blades and 10 new handles, but it’s his axe.
b77ed4c5-80fc-4262-bf09-b2ffb19ed613_text.gif

Dogfrog

Yea I think they said this new owner has been there about a year and a half.

Horny 4 Life

Eating at that Chili's is why I ended up at TCU.

My mom and I stopped to eat there after touring campus. I was weighing TCU against my first choice, Drexel University. Our waiter was a TCU student who overheard our conversation. After asking a couple of questions, he let me know about a grant I could apply for that would potentially pay for a lot of tuition during my sophomore, junior, and senior years. That grant ended up making the difference in my college choice.

Out of fondness for that occurrence I ate at that Chili's with frequency while I was in school and a couple times when returning to campus.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

My mom and I stopped to eat there after touring campus. I was weighing TCU against my first choice, Drexel University. Our waiter was a TCU student who overheard our conversation. After asking a couple of questions, he let me know about a grant I could apply for that would potentially pay for a lot of tuition during my sophomore, junior, and senior years. That grant ended up making the difference in my college choice.

Out of fondness for that occurrence I ate at that Chili's with frequency while I was in school and a couple times when returning to campus.
I had never had fajitas until I ate there when I was in town for a campus visit. I was sold.

And those were Chili’s fajitas. It got so much better from there.

HFrog1999

I hope you tipped him well

season 6 friends GIF