• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

So today I walked into the [ #2020 ]ter at work. Standing in urinal one was a rather large man with his pants and drawers around his ankles. Maybe my Dad taught me wrong, but, isnt the reason we have zippers on our britches so that I don't have to look at bare ass cheeks on the way to do my business?
My 4 year old does this. Drives me nuts. When he pees in the back yard or on a tire in the parking lot he just whips out his wang like a normal guy. In the bathroom at the urinal? Drops trow like he's at the proctologist. I promise I'll fix him before you encounter him at work.

froginmn

So today I walked into the [ #2020 ]ter at work. Standing in urinal one was a rather large man with his pants and drawers around his ankles. Maybe my Dad taught me wrong, but, isnt the reason we have zippers on our britches so that I don't have to look at bare ass cheeks on the way to do my business?
How do you know he wasn't just a very large five year old?

... at bring your child to work day.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Wonder why Top didn't post this FWST article from this morning:

Yes, it's a Muck piece, but the inside info about GP's last days is damning (if true).

According to several people who were present after a TCU practice in October, coach Gary Patterson told his team: “I know what you are trying to do. They’re not going to fire me. They’re going to fire the assistant coaches. “I’m untouchable.”

And it goes on with more...
Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article255641991.html#storylink=cpy

JugbandFrog

Basically me when I was a teacher with my horrible Spanish when I was working with all the English Language Learners, but also makes me remember how much I loved Deadwood.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse

Yes, it's a Muck piece, but the inside info about GP's last days is damning (if true).

According to several people who were present after a TCU practice in October, coach Gary Patterson told his team: “I know what you are trying to do. They’re not going to fire me. They’re going to fire the assistant coaches. “I’m untouchable.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article255641991.html#storylink=cpy
This lines up exactly with what I know about that meeting. GP absolutely lit into JD and Vbo, cussing and calling them every name he could think of before going off on three of the biggest and most important donors now living. It was downright ugly. Where we are today is a product of Kelsey and whoever else has Gary’s ear but if I had to bet I would bet it’s Kelsey alone who made him understand what he has to do now.

mcdaddy

This lines up exactly with what I know about that meeting. GP absolutely lit into JD and Vbo, cussing and calling them every name he could think of before going off on three of the biggest and most important donors now living. It was downright ugly. Where we are today is a product of Kelsey and whoever else has Gary’s ear but if I had to bet I would bet it’s Kelsey alone who made him understand what he has to do now.
Bless her…

nwlafrog

I'm so sorry to hear this, my heart goes out for you and your family. May I ask for your son's first name?

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

His name is Rhys Parker May. Pronounced like “Reese”; and please do. Thank you, ma’am. I appreciate it.

nwlafrog

sorry to hear this nwla and there is nothing wrong with being mad, frustrated, angry, confused or any of the possible mix of emotions and there is nothing wrong with directing these feelings at us (though steel would be the preferred recipient) or whatever form of god you believe in as they are strong enough to hear those words from you

the world doesn't make much sense at time and as you know better than most we have very little if any control over it. what you do have control is the time you spend with your son AND the ones you love. prayers and blessings to all involved

Thank you very much, eight.

nwlafrog

NWLA: We are here for you. You have to keep your head up. You did NOTHING wrong.

Focus on the time you have left with him. We all know not the day nor the hour; anyone of our numbers can be called at anytime. The "stuff" on this Earth does not matter. Put all other distractions aside and continue to provide the fatherly love.

Make memories.

Man, that really helps. Thanks, Amigo. And I applaud you for all of your humanitarian efforts! I’d love to buy you a beer one day.

nwlafrog

Jesus man, that’s awful. So sorry to hear.

It’s definitely not anything you’ve done wrong. Life is random and can be awful if you’re one of the unlucky ones.

You have some honest to goodness first hand experience as far as dealing with an unexpected illness. I think about you quite often to be honest. We had a great time meeting you and playing bags several seasons ago at one of Riggs’ tailgates. You’re a solid hombre.

nwlafrog

Dang, buddy! I'm so sorry to hear this news. Nobody knows the number of their days, all we can do is make the most of every one. As painful as it is, I pray that this situation helps you to focus on your family and enjoying the time you have with them. We'll be praying for y'all.
Thank you so much

nwlafrog

If a grown man drops trousers next you at the urinal then I think you should copy that behavior and then +1 that behavior by taking about 2-3 steps back past the divider and attempt to hit a 3 pointer just to let him know who’s the alpha in the room. You can’t let him win. You gotta establish dominance.

nwlafrog

I will say that many of you have opinions on Top. He’s a great man, and the best frog fan that I know and he’s on par with Shreve and Leap (RIP). To my knowledge, (and I know)
he doesn’t have any real insider info unless something is specifically leaked to him. He contributes by waking up earlier than most and being the first to post the newest stories. He just lives and breathes from sunlight to sunset TCU football.

He honestly doesn’t have an agenda. He might be a bit odd or brash, but he’s a great dude and it’s impossible to not like the guy if you ever met him in person. He’s one of the funniest people I’ve ever met.

nwlafrog

9C811E0C-B604-4D39-BB53-5179488F7230.jpegBFA3F1A1-A297-4EB4-A95C-C7165765BF6B.jpgE8607555-7646-403E-8327-297AE668331F.jpeg18FF5A10-C1FC-473E-B358-3E22A5FE65BB.jpegC9522F59-D9D3-4042-81C8-491A66069310.jpeg

I had the opportunity to play in a tournament today at Ross Bridge in Alabama. I had a great time! So challenging! Being the first off the tee was a whole vibe with a bunch of folks waiting for their turn and watching me…. luckily, I piped it and then chipped onto the green in 2 and made it to where my scramble partner and I had some room to breathe after that. It was nerve racking experience having a log jam of players staring at me!

Last edited: