• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

cdsfrog

Staying another year in Europe. Want to focus travel on Eastern Europe.

So far just have done Ljubljana, Tallinn, Krakow, and Prague.

List
Bratislava, Dubrovnik, Bucharest, riga, Budapest, Riga, Sofia, Vilnius, Kotor, and Sarajevo.

Any other suggestions for Eastern Europe?

tcujsauce

List
Bratislava, Dubrovnik, Bucharest, riga, Budapest, Riga, Sofia, Vilnius, Kotor, and Sarajevo.

Riga must be pretty great to warrant two trips. It's a shame it's an imaginary land, as Riggs has pointed out. (wanted to make the "you made those up" joke, but know you'd be on top of it, Raggs)

PurpleOveralls

Outdoorsmen / fly fisherman - I’m going to a wedding in Crested Butte at the end of month. I want to get outside and do something cool. I’ve always loved fishing, just never been fly fishing. Is it worth to go out on a guided 1/2 trip? How steep is the learning curve?

I use Dragon Fly Outfitters in Crested Butte. $425 for a half day trip for 2. It's not too difficult to learn and the guides are great with first timers. I pay the guides simply so they put me on fish. I'm only up there for short times and I don't have time to scout or know what the fish are doing when I'm in town. The guides do this day in and day out and know what fly is working and where.

If you want to just get outside look up some of passes/trails in the area. Some are easy to get to. A few to look at; Kebler Pass, Ohio Pass, Paradise Pass, Judd Falls/Copper Creek Trail, Beaver Pond Trail.

Chico Dusty

I use Dragon Fly Outfitters in Crested Butte. $425 for a half day trip for 2. It's not too difficult to learn and the guides are great with first timers. I pay the guides simply so they put me on fish. I'm only up there for short times and I don't have time to scout or know what the fish are doing when I'm in town. The guides do this day in and day out and know what fly is working and where.

If you want to just get outside look up some of passes/trails in the area. Some are easy to get to. A few to look at; Kebler Pass, Ohio Pass, Paradise Pass, Judd Falls/Copper Creek Trail, Beaver Pond Trail.

Awesome, thanks for the great info. Funny you mentioned Dragon Fly - shortly after I posted this I googled and called them. Sounds like I’ll pull the trigger. Looking forward to it!

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

List

I'm very familiar with the four proposed in bold. Good choices, although Sarajevo was just starting to rebuild after the war when I was there. It was heartbreaking to see the almost total destruction of the city.

When you visit Bucharest (it's the capital of Romania, riggs) or Sofia (it's the capitol of Bulgaria, riggs), try to add another city in either country that's on the Black Sea. Constanta is near Romania's "wine country"--so it's got that going for it. Very industrial otherwise.

Varna, Bulgaria, is a much nicer locale and a good representation of Soviet-era dacha resort area.

In Romania, drink tuica and palinka. In Bulgaria, drink rakia. US moonshiners have nothing on the Eastern Europeans.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Outdoorsmen / fly fisherman - I’m going to a wedding in Crested Butte at the end of month. I want to get outside and do something cool. I’ve always loved fishing, just never been fly fishing. Is it worth to go out on a guided 1/2 trip? How steep is the learning curve?
It’s pretty steep. Especially if it’s windy. But it’s a lot of fun. I would probably white water raft or do an early morning hike to the highest peak I could pull off in the amount of time you have.

SnoSki

Wanted to include this on 8500 but mobile probs

Enjoy anyway, ya jackwagons

nicolas-cage-fells-good-con-air-head-space-1409843288n.gif