• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ftwfrog

I like some of Jack White's stuff but he gets a little too out there for me at times. Y'all ever see that surprise SXSW performance he had a number of years ago where he introduced Seasick Steve? That dude is pretty kickass (he shows up around 5:30 into this):

Jack White is an absolute magician. He’s by no means my favorite as I agree some of his stuff (especially his new album) is just way too wacky for me. But the dude is the definition of a music talent. I respect anyone who alters their playlist night to night and looking forward to seeing him next weekend.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Yep. Cool to see them in such a small venue.

Saw the Toadies back in ‘96 in Amarillo at a small club that held prob less than 300.

I’ve seen some good shows - Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, Pantera w/ dimebag - I’m tempted to list the Toadies as my fav show of them all.

They rocked the scheissing [ Finebaum ] out of that club.

I’ll be out of town or else I’d go to that Martin House set.

Last edited:

Chico Dusty

Saw the Toadies back in ‘96 in Amarillo at a small club that help prob less than 300.

I’ve seen some good shows - Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, Pantera w/ dimebag - I’m tempted to list the Toadies as my fav show of them all.

They rocked the scheissing [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of that club.

I’ll be out of town or else I’d go to that Martin House set.

Who’d you see - Gilmour or Waters?

from-left-the-foo-fighters-three-ax-attack-chris-shiflett-dave-grohl-and-pat-smear.jpg

pat_smear_kurt_cobain_Nirvana_MTV_Unplugged_Acoustic_Guitar_red_white_blue.jpg

Pat Smear was in both bands too

Pat was with them tonight and is playing the first part of the leg of the tour.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
No debate. FF>Nirvana

There is no way Nirvana 2 is better then Nirvana. FF is just profiting off what Nirvana created. Good for them, and I like quite a bit of their music, but they aren’t Nirvana. Nirvana changed things. It saved us from the likes of Firehouse and Slaughter.

Hell, even a founding member of Nirvana wouldn’t join the band: “Grohl originally asked Novoselic to join Foo Fighters as a full time band member, but he declined, stating people would refer to it as "the second Nirvana.””

Based on the responses and knowing roughly how old many of the people choosing a side on this are, I’m convinced it’s mostly an age thing. And whoever said FF was safe suburban music was pretty much spot on.

I’m going to go watch the Nirvana MTV Unplugged concert and bask in the glory days. Probably going to go ahead and tie a flannel around my waist too. Get off my grungy lawn.