• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

Curious as to what people are seeing regarding US mail in various parts of the country. We had a week in November where we MIGHT have received mail twice. Delivery is very sporadic; my wife's real estate office (where commission checks are still mailed) hadn't received mail for several days so the office manager visited the post office and there was a stack of undelivered mail in the back.

Seems like USPS is still delivering packages (through agreements with UPS etc.) but not prioritizing daily mail. Our mail used to come reliably at about 1 pm; now if it comes in a given day it may be 6 pm or later. For as little important mail as we get I'd be fine if they just said they're cutting back to 3x/week but this is getting ridiculous.

I occasionally mail something important but can't really count on it arriving promptly.

What say you?
I get 95% junk, but it does seem to come 99% of the time…TWSS.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Joy to the world. The CEDAR has come! Merry Christmas.
tom-and-jerry-cat.gif

Curious as to what people are seeing regarding US mail in various parts of the country. We had a week in November where we MIGHT have received mail twice. Delivery is very sporadic; my wife's real estate office (where commission checks are still mailed) hadn't received mail for several days so the office manager visited the post office and there was a stack of undelivered mail in the back.

Seems like USPS is still delivering packages (through agreements with UPS etc.) but not prioritizing daily mail. Our mail used to come reliably at about 1 pm; now if it comes in a given day it may be 6 pm or later. For as little important mail as we get I'd be fine if they just said they're cutting back to 3x/week but this is getting ridiculous.

I occasionally mail something important but can't really count on it arriving promptly.

What say you?
Mail carrier comes every day but I am a lonely bloke so she just passes over my place. I get a wave though. Not sure if it is friendly or taunting. Have yet to figure that out.

HFrog1999

What say you?

We had several thousands of dollars in checks stolen that I had put in the blue mailbox outside of the post office in the middle of the day

Horny 4 Life

What say you?

Ours arrives every day, typically around 3pm. We know if our carrier is out though because it will arrive after 6pm.

I have very few problems with the USPS and have found them to be more reliable than FedEx/UPS for most deliveries.

Purp

What say you?
We had 3 mail trucks on our street when I got home from my son's soccer game 45 minutes ago.

Honestly, I really wish the USPS would back off to 3-4 days a week. It would cut delivery costs in half without and huge degradation in service level.

froginmn

We had 3 mail trucks on our street when I got home from my son's soccer game 45 minutes ago.

Honestly, I really wish the USPS would back off to 3-4 days a week. It would cut delivery costs in half without and huge degradation in service level.
Hmm, well it sounds like we just have a shippy Post Office here I guess. Delivery last night at 6:30; nothing yet today and not counting on it.

My wife was expecting a referral commission check about a month ago. It came about three weeks later than expected and the postmark showed it was mailed from Florida three weeks before she got it.

Purp

Hmm, well it sounds like we just have a shippy Post Office here I guess. Delivery last night at 6:30; nothing yet today and not counting on it.

My wife was expecting a referral commission check about a month ago. It came about three weeks later than expected and the postmark showed it was mailed from Florida three weeks before she got it.
That's my guess.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

What say you?
The post office that delivers to my job is terrible. Had a package delivery back in August where the tracking number said the package was delivered to the front desk on a Tuesday. There was no delivery. Our receptionist is the best when it comes to deliveries. Filed a missing package claim on Wednesday. Got the standard reply that my claim was being investigated and I would receive a response after the investigation. My package shows up the following Monday, 6 days later. Tuesday morning I get a response from usps saying that my package had been delivered.

When I ordered my HypnoToad flag it was supposed to be delivered on black Friday. The tracking info showed that "the business was closed and would be delivered the next business day." We were open from 7am -6pm on black Friday. Had a parking lot full of cars. The delivery attempt was "supposedly" made around 11:30am.

Usps sucks.