• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
@CountryFrog

But something feels different this year as we peruse the aisles of the grocery store, already laden with an ever-expanding assortment of cookie dough and cocoa mixes and candles scented with clove and allspice. The vibe, it seems, has shifted for pumpkin spice. Or rather, it seems pumpkin spice is no longer a recognizable vibe. Instead, it’s just inevitable. Like death, taxes and new Taylor Swift albums, pumpkin spice is now merely a part of the human condition.

CountryFrog

@CountryFrog

But something feels different this year as we peruse the aisles of the grocery store, already laden with an ever-expanding assortment of cookie dough and cocoa mixes and candles scented with clove and allspice. The vibe, it seems, has shifted for pumpkin spice. Or rather, it seems pumpkin spice is no longer a recognizable vibe. Instead, it’s just inevitable. Like death, taxes and new Taylor Swift albums, pumpkin spice is now merely a part of the human condition.

About scheissing time

Went to see Robert Earl Keen last night at Floore's Country Store. Eric Church opened. Odd set list for REK that killed some of the vibe but still cool to see him in his 2nd to last official show. Eric Church was awesome but it was just him acoustic. Ran into REK after lunch today and he couldn't have been more gracious. Gave us a bunch of merch crap out of the back of his Expedition and signed a poster. Even gave me a sleeve of golfballs with the REK logo. I showed him my TCU belt and we chatted about his daughter, TCU and Fort Worth a bit. Really awesome moment.

Headed to Gruene Hall tonight to see Jack Ingram.

Boomhauer

Ran into REK after lunch today and he couldn't have been more gracious. Gave us a bunch of merch crap out of the back of his Expedition and signed a poster. Even gave me a sleeve of golfballs with the REK logo. I showed him my TCU belt and we chatted about his daughter, TCU and Fort Worth a bit. Really awesome moment.

Headed to Gruene Hall tonight to see Jack Ingram.

For a split second I wondered where this was going…

Boomhauer

I can't recall if this has been discussed here before, but I wanted to share an article about the Thailand cave diving rescue. It is a medical article, so it is fairly complex in its medical language content, but I think it is written in a way that most can understand the general ideas of the complexities of the endeavor and just exactly how impressive the entire process was. Basically, they anesthetized the soccer team and then embarked on a 2.6 km swim out of the cave through very tight crevices and against ocean currents. If you take the time to read it and you understand that anesthetizing these kids in a hospital setting has its own inherent risks and then compound that with austere and hostile conditions and modest equipment, the danger and gravity of the situation should be evident. The members of this rescue team were truly innovators and real life heroes. I cannot even imagine the level of bravery and brains it took to formulate and then execute this plan. Sadly, one of the rescue divers perished in the process as they tried to deliver oxygen tanks through the small passages.
I hope that some of you may trudge through it and find it as impressive as I thought it was.
Hopefully the link will work for others and not be blocked. It works for me, but I have access to a lot of medical journals through institutional agreements, so it is possible that it may not allow it.

Thailand soccer team cave rescue

Just watched the documentary on this. Unreal that they got them all out safely. Watching that documentary was tense even knowing the results before hand.

Frog-in-law1995

So proud of my HS alma mater. The entire football team was ejected for a bench- (and, apparently, stands-) clearing brawl on Friday night. Per UIL rules, every single player at the game is now ineligible for the first half next week, which will be their first district game. They apparently will rely on the JV squad, which plays on Thursday, to lace back up for the first half on Friday. WTG!