• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

vicarfrog

Conference USA part deux
Hot Shots Part Deux

martin sheen pointing GIF

tcudoc

Some gems from my son's Kindergarten class...
Odysseus
Ophelia
Grazier
Kinan
Vasilia
Maverick
Nova
Andi

Most of the names are relatively normal, although there is the typical white people obsession with the letter Y.
Odysseus-Instant legend. He needs to watch out for those suitors though
Ophelia-Will grow up to be promiscuous after a childhood of fending off people saying “Can I ‘feel ya’ Ophelia?”
Grazier-will balloon up to 400 lbs and have a Dairy Queen burger named after him.
Kinan-will be officially adopted by the Wayans family and make terrible movies.
Vasilia-will grow up full of hate because her parents gave her the middle name “Deferens”
Maverick-will become a Scientologist
Nova-this kid is going nowhere
Andi-will star in Toy Story 17 about a promiscuous transgender and she/her toys.

Paul in uhh

Ophelia-Will grow up to be promiscuous after a childhood of fending off people saying “Can I ‘feel ya’ Ophelia?”
Grazier-will balloon up to 400 lbs and have a Dairy Queen burger named after him.
Vasilia-will grow up full of hate because her parents gave her the middle name “Deferens”
Andi-will star in Toy Story 17 about a promiscuous transgender and she/her toys.
The maverick one got me

Purp

Thoughts on naming your kids with the same first letter? I think parents think it’s more cute/clever than it really is.
My wife wanted to do this and I objected before we ever got married. Her parents and sister all had D names. She used her middle name so hers would also start with a D.

She wanted our kids to have D names and I said no. A couple weeks before our first was born we'd settled on a middle name, but still no first name. Then she threw out Dalton and I thought, "I can live with that, but the next one will start with something else."

Same fight ensued for the 2nd one. We're driving to the hospital to be induced and still have only a middle name. She had two that started with D I wasn't viscerally opposed to, but absolutely zero of my suggestions were given even a thought. The boy is born and he still has no name. Nurse asked me to fill out the birth certificate form after a while and my wife was still distressed and exhausted. Not willing to have that fight at that moment I went with the least egregious D name on her list.

When we got pregnant with the 3rd I had prepared with a new strategy. "I don't think it's fair that the boys all have D names and none of the kids get a J name like me." Somehow that ludicrous logic was deemed perfectly reasonable and I got a daughter with a J name before the 3rd trimester started. Even that came with copious disagreement, though. Jordyn had to be spelled with a Y bc it was more effeminate. I objected until the very end, but similarly capitulated when filling out birth certificate forms after the epidural was a colossal failure.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

My wife wanted to do this and I objected before we ever got married. Her parents and sister all had D names. She used her middle name so hers would also start with a D.

She wanted our kids to have D names and I said no. A couple weeks before our first was born we'd settled on a middle name, but still no first name. Then she threw out Dalton and I thought, "I can live with that, but the next one will start with something else."

Same fight ensued for the 2nd one. We're driving to the hospital to be induced and still have only a middle name. She had two that started with D was wasn't viscerally opposed to, but absolutely zero of my suggestions were given even a thought. The boy is born and he still has no name. Nurse asked me to fill out the birth certificate form after a while and my wide was still distressed and exhausted. Not willing to have that fight at that moment I went with the least egregious D name on her list.

When we got pregnant with the 3rd I had prepared with a new strategy. "I don't think it's fair that the boys all have D names and none of the kids get a J name like me." Somehow that ludicrous logic was deemed perfectly reasonable and I got a daughter with a J name before the 3rd trimester started. Even that came with copious disagreement, though. Jordyn had to be spelled with a Y bc it was more effeminate. I objected until the very end, but similarly capitulated when filling out birth certificate forms after the epidural was a colossal failure.
This fully/perfectly explains the why behind the “y” and general odd name spelling phenomenon.

Most impossible times in history to deal with women:
5. On their birthday
4. the 6 months leading up to their wedding
3. the first 8.5 months of pregnancy
2. The hour immediately following a phone call with their mother
1. Those last days of pregnancy through delivering a child. Pure hell.

(I assume some of our elders here could also appropriately order the 6 months leading up to and following a divorce—which from what I hear but hope never to experience may actually be worse than childbirth.)

After hearing nightmares like yours we carefully negotiated names for kids before she even got pregnant with the first. Real “y” saver.

Ron Swanson

Girls names were easy for us. Almost no arguing at all.

Boys names were a different story. I wanted something with family history, she wanted a name that was easy to spell and that girls would think was a hot boy name.

I’m a little self-conscious of Gibson because I worry that people will think it’s a stupid new age white people name, and I’m very against stupid new age white people names, but in reality it’s an old family name with some cool history behind it.

Horny 4 Life

Same fight ensued for the 2nd one. We're driving to the hospital to be induced and still have only a middle name. She had two that started with D was wasn't viscerally opposed to, but absolutely zero of my suggestions were given even a thought. The boy is born and he still has no name. Nurse asked me to fill out the birth certificate form after a while and my wide was still distressed and exhausted. Not willing to have that fight at that moment I went with the least egregious D name on her list.

We had some struggles on picking names. I suggested the middle names, which were combinations of our parents names. My wife dominated the first name discussions. For our son she got the name she wanted, but I got the spelling. For our daughter I just lost. Haha.

Boomhauer

Knew what I wanted to name my first born son from an early age. Many years later mentioned the name to my wife who liked it as well and that’s what we named him. We struggled naming our two daughters which always ended in a panic discussion right before being released from the hospital and requiring a name before being released. But luckily my wife was mostly chill with the names so no real issues in the end. None of which are new white people names.

HG73

You are much too talented to be a doctor.

Double V

Girls names were easy for us. Almost no arguing at all.

Boys names were a different story. I wanted something with family history, she wanted a name that was easy to spell and that girls would think was a hot boy name.

I’m a little self-conscious of Gibson because I worry that people will think it’s a stupid new age white people name, and I’m very against stupid new age white people names, but in reality it’s an old family name with some cool history behind it.
Don't lie, we know your wife spells it Gybson...