• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ATC Frog

I’m pretty proud of my kid’s classmates names. They’re normal, makes me feel like I chose a good part of town to raise a family in.

Thomas
Claire
Clara
Sidney
Henry
Logan
Lucy
Leo
Miles
Annabelle
Evelyn
There were a bunch of those names in his class too, but also a Gotham and a Harvest for some unknown reason.

Edit: I would not have expected Moore, OK to have multiple of those “unique names,” but I guess I was incorrect.

I’m pretty proud of my kid’s classmates names. They’re normal, makes me feel like I chose a good part of town to raise a family in.

Thomas
Claire
Clara
Sidney
Henry
Logan
Lucy
Leo
Miles
Annabelle
Evelyn
I guess so if there are only 11 or 12 to a class. No wonder why our property taxes are high.

Sidney and Logan are good unisex names—prudent in this era.

Times have changed—when I was a kid, my parents were not introduced to or interested in my classmates or their names, until they became a friend. Just pushed us out the door when that first school day came, and we walked. My grammar school classes were 25-32 rascals.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

I guess so if there are only 11 or 12 to a class. No wonder why our property taxes are high.

Sidney and Logan are good unisex names—prudent

Times have changed—when I was a kid, my parents were not introduced to or interested in my classmates or their names, until they became a friend. Just pushed us out the door when that first school day came, and we walked. My grammar school classes were 25-32 rascals.
They’re in daycare

Shorty

Thomas
Claire
Clara
Sidney
Henry
Logan
Lucy
Leo
Miles
Annabelle
Evelyn
We just had meet the teacher night and while there was nothing too egregious there's a few pumpkin spice names.

froginmn

Nick Lodolo on the mound for the Reds at Field of Dreams against the Cubs. Down 3-0 top 4 but two men on base.

Edit: down 4-0 after 4 1/2.

Last edited:

Eight

anyone else get this image reading geezer's post?
latest

Purp

This is a good development, but the story sounds largely fabricated and/or misleading based on my limited experience.

First, I did Basic Combat Training (BCT) in 2010 at Fort Benning and we have no females. All males had to turn over all personal belongings to include underwear, socks, and running shoes. Literally everything was issued to us by Uncle Sugar (and every bit of it was rubbish) with a single exception... Our resident Mormon had to coordinate with his recruiter through MEPS to bring his own magic underwear, undershirts, and socks. We spent the first few weeks at Basic running, rucking, training, etc. in tighty whities. After we earned the privilege we were authorized to take small groups with a drill sergeant chaperone to the PX to buy athletic boxer briefs and other more suitable underwear along with better fitting socks to more effectively prevent blisters. It's not like females starting at BCT are treated worse than the men.

Next, immediately after BCT I went through OCS with a lot of females and they had been authorized to buy sports bras from the PX when they went through BCT. Just like the men they had to turn everything over at reception when they got off the bus and wear what the Army gave them. Also just like the men, they were able to go to the PX pretty quickly (sounded like almost immediately, which was better than we got) to upgrade to better undergarments. I only know this because a couple girls across the hall in OCS threw all their sports bras away in the hall trash can the first day we were there and went to get new ones at the PX. They threw away Nike and UA sports bras because they had been worked and stretched rigorously for 3 months at BCT and they replaced them with the same ones because they liked them.

So at least 12 years ago things were much better for females and more equitable with males than this article portrays. All that said, I think the Army and DOD has invested a shameful sum in reinventing uniform apparel for both men and women. I hope they've also invested in better standard issue underwear for men because training in the crap they gave us back then was brutal in the heat/humidity of Benning.