• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

froginmn

Episode 14 - this will get us to today.

A day after stopping over to give my wife the details of her "encounter", the neighbor apparently went around to a couple other houses to figure out who called the cops. She made a comment about it to my wife, who said "who cares?"

The plan for this week, she told my wife, was to go out of town for about a week on a pre-planned vacation.

They came back about four days later. She apparently told another neighbor that this early return was planned, but she had told my wife something different.

Then she told my wife that she was 99% leaving the country. An hour later (literally) she came back and said she was staying. And after telling my wife that she has a good relationship with her kids in Britain, now she doesn't.

She also had been waiting a long time to get her US passport. One day last week (when talking to my wife, who doesn't want to talk to her) she said that a delivery truck would be coming that day with the passport and she needed to get it before he sees it. She's also trying to figure out where to safeguard it. Awesome relationship - I can see why she'd stay!

My goal going forward is to make sure this guy knows we don't have her passport and we didn't call the cops. I also want my wife to tell this lady that she doesn't want to get involved, so he doesn't think we have anything to do with her.

And, I hope to not suddenly stop posting in this forum.

Eight

A day after stopping over to give my wife the details of her "encounter", the neighbor apparently went around to a couple other houses to figure out who called the cops. She made a comment about it to my wife, who said "who cares?"

The plan for this week, she told my wife, was to go out of town for about a week on a pre-planned vacation.

They came back about four days later. She apparently told another neighbor that this early return was planned, but she had told my wife something different.

Then she told my wife that she was 99% leaving the country. An hour later (literally) she came back and said she was staying. And after telling my wife that she has a good relationship with her kids in Britain, now she doesn't.

She also had been waiting a long time to get her US passport. One day last week (when talking to my wife, who doesn't want to talk to her) she said that a delivery truck would be coming that day with the passport and she needed to get it before he sees it. She's also trying to figure out where to safeguard it. Awesome relationship - I can see why she'd stay!

My goal going forward is to make sure this guy knows we don't have her passport and we didn't call the cops. I also want my wife to tell this lady that she doesn't want to get involved, so he doesn't think we have anything to do with her.

easy answer is establishing a way to get her to canada.

there has to be some trucker you know who would smuggle her into canada just for the chance to hear these stories

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

This sounds like one of those "90 day fiance" episodes...

I used to be in the camp of backing into parking spots, and still am in super crowded situations where getting out is a nightmare, but I've changed my tune. Very little that's more annoying than going through a park lot right behind someone only for them to pull up to the left at an angle, and then have to play chicken with them as I try to shoot the gap to the right instead of waiting for them to figure out how to back up into a spot.
This happened to me last week in a parking lot. A car in front of me began to veer to the left and I assumed it was steering into an open parking space on the left. But then it stopped, and engaged its reverse warning lights. Instead of continuing to move into that parking space on the left, the knucklehead was now going to back into a space on the right! Now worried that she does not know that I am there and she might back into me, I quickly stop and honk, a courteous short double tap, to let her know I am there and need to proceed through to be clear of her! She then flips me the finger, her stupidity not allowing her to realize that her reverse warning lights are telling me, the defensive driver, that she is immediately going to move backwards. I then slowly procede through.

Which brings up another point for better considerate driving. When a car engages its reverse warning lights, other defensive drivers or pedestrians on a sidewalk then assume that car is now backing up, and they stop. So don’t idle the car in reverse; engage reverse only when ready to move in reverse. It‘s as if people don’t remember that a car has reverse warning lights, warning the defensive minded to stop! Think about what our actions and car are telling others who share the roads, sidewalks and parking lots with us.

Think, so we can be considerate and get along, it is maybe more important today because of our angry polarized politics.:)

Last edited:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I started wearing glasses in elementary school--nearsighted and couldn't read what the teacher wrote on the blackboard.

When I turned 40, my annual physical exam indicated that my eyesight had improved, and the doctor said glasses were no longer needed.

About a decade later, I had to get my first pair of readers so I could see the mountains of paperwork at my job. Still no regular glasses.

Fast forward several decades to this month. I'm now back wearing glasses--bifocals.

Here's what I've discovered:

- I really do have a high-definition TV

- the closed captions are easier to read.

tcudoc

This happened to me last week in a parking lot. A car in front of me began to veer to the left and I assumed it was steering into an open parking space on the left. But then it stopped, and engaged its reverse warning lights. Instead of continuing to move into that parking space on the left, the knucklehead was now going to back into a space on the right! Now worried that she does not know that I am there and she might back into me, I quickly stop and honk, a courteous short double tap, to let her know I am there and need to proceed through to be clear of her! She then flips me the finger, her stupidity not allowing her to realize that her reverse warning lights are telling me, the defensive driver, that she is immediately going to move backwards. I then slowly procede through.

Which brings up another point for better considerate driving. When a car engages its reverse warning lights, other defensive drivers or pedestrians on a sidewalk then assume that car is now backing up, and they stop. So don’t idle the car in reverse; engage reverse only when ready to move in reverse. It‘s as if people don’t remember that a car has reverse warning lights, warning the defensive minded to stop! Think about what our actions and car are telling others who share the roads, sidewalks and parking lots with us.

Think, so we can be considerate and get along, it is maybe more important today because of our angry polarized politics.:)
I see you met my wife…

mcdaddy

Am I crazy or do Chevy/GMC trucks have reverse lights that engage when they are parked and the doors open? Always confuses the hell out of me. Mainly notice it on the SUVs when kids are spilling out I guess.

Horny 4 Life

Food for thought...Maybe some of y'all shouldn't be riding the bumpers of the car in front of you while driving through a parking lot.

I mean if you're so close to the car in front of you that you end up being in between a car attempting to back into a spot and the actual spot they're attempting to back into, then you're probably driving a little aggressively for a parking lot.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Food for thought...Maybe some of y'all shouldn't be riding the bumpers of the car in front of you while driving through a parking lot.

I mean if you're so close to the car in front of you that you end up being in between a car attempting to back into a spot and the actual spot they're attempting to back into, then you're probably driving a little aggressively for a parking lot.
Get outta here with your logical thinking. This is definitely not the place for that.

YA

Counterpoint are people driving like they are old people with nowhere to go and pushing vehicles further apart causing more traffic issues even into the roadway outside the parking lot. Sort of like the people at lights that stop 3 car lengths behind the vehicle in front. Drives me crazy that practice.

Boomhauer

Counterpoint are people driving like they are old people with nowhere to go and pushing vehicles further apart causing more traffic issues even into the roadway outside the parking lot. Sort of like the people at lights that stop 3 car lengths behind the vehicle in front. Drives me crazy that practice.

Was behind a guy the other day who did this at three straight stop lights. Would always stop about 2 or 3 car lengths back from the light. Then when the light would turn green he would speed off only to stop early again. Dude had the look of a serial killer.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Bite me, lawyer boy.

Us old people want to have plenty of distance between vehicles because of the reckless way you young punks drive.