• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

After 10 years of posting on this thread, I just finally pulled the trigger on some specialty plates for my new truck. I didn’t get anything douchey at all, I just wanted something that I knew I could remember easily.

page wwe GIF

Ron Swanson

I went with the generic TCU plates and that is as specialty plates as I can go. Add in the branded TCU toll tag and that’s it.
I’m with you. I was very hesitant to do it because I worry about feeling douchey, but I don’t think most people would even notice they were custom plates, it just looks like random numbers and letters.

I went with the generic TCU plates and that is as specialty plates as I can go. Add in the branded TCU toll tag and that’s it.
I hate those Toll Tag logos on our cars (look tacky, not necessarily the TCU one but certainly the "T" one). I just store it in the sun visor and it has the same effect (the readers still pick up the signal) for those who likewise hate them. (I do the same thing with the inspection/registration - never been asked for it even when pulled over.)

tl;dr: I prefer a clean windshield.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Big fan of George Carlin and thought I knew all his routines. Ran across one today I hadn't heard before:

MY NEXT LIFE

I want to live my next life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way.

Then you wake up in a nursing home feeling better every day.

Then you get kicked out for being too healthy. Enjoy your retirement and collect your pension.

Then when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work 40 years until you're too young to work.

You get ready for High School, drink alcohol, party and you're generally promiscuous.

Then you go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, and you have no responsibilities.

Then you become a baby, and then... you spend your last 9 months floating peacefully in Spa-like conditions - Central heating, room service on tap, and then...

You finish off as an orgasm.

by George Carlin.