• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ATC Frog

It's actually 3 and up need a ticket so I doubt the 4 year old would pass for 2. That said I'm not sure how strict they are.

You’re right. Guess I got mixed up somewhere along the way.

Maybe someone else has some experience that the can pass along about how strict they might be

Purp

This is encouraging. I also figured that at this stage during this season, I doubt they’d care too much.
Yeah, we've brought a 4 year old in twice and never scanned a ticket. Did it a couple times for basketball and baseball last season too. Most times we have a ticket for him now, but sometimes we don't ever since our nephew moved in with us last year. Our 4 year old is tiny so maybe that helps, but we've never been bothered about the kids. Honestly, I don't even think the people scanning tickets are counting the number of people who enter with you. I usually just scroll through my phone letting them scan and then they look for the next guy showing tickets. They never look for who is coming in with the ones they just scanned.

TCURiggs

Sorry to hear that. We never know when our time is up. I feel you on the [ #2020 ]ty weekend too. My grandmother fell and hit her head on Saturday and passed away today. That's 3 close relatives dead in 2021 and 4 in less than a calendar year. I'm ready for 2022!

Damn. Sorry to hear.

ATC Frog

Yeah, we've brought a 4 year old in twice and never scanned a ticket. Did it a couple times for basketball and baseball last season too. Most times we have a ticket for him now, but sometimes we don't ever since our nephew moved in with us last year. Our 4 year old is tiny so maybe that helps, but we've never been bothered about the kids. Honestly, I don't even think the people scanning tickets are counting the number of people who enter with you. I usually just scroll through my phone letting them scan and then they look for the next guy showing tickets. They never look for who is coming in with the ones they just scanned.
Great info. Thanks.

Typically having a ticket for the 4 year old wouldn’t be an issue, but some last minute scheduling issues meant that it is for this particular game.

And with stubhub prices being what they are currently (50 is the cheapest right now), buying an extra just in case doesn’t seem smart. Now if they were KU prices, different story.

Horny 4 Life

Has anybody flown with small kids this year? Are the airlines really as nazi about kids masks as the horror story articles circulating online? We're fixing to fly Southwest to DAL with our 5 year old and 2 year old for Thanksgiving.

Purp

Has anybody flown with small kids this year? Are the airlines really as nazi about kids masks as the horror story articles circulating online? We're fixing to fly Southwest to DAL with our 5 year old and 2 year old for Thanksgiving.
I've not read horror stories circulated online, but I know people who have and it's not been pleasant. Mask gestapo are everywhere.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Tell them the 2 year old isn’t 2 yet and save yourself half the trouble.

I despise flying now more than ever.

ATC Frog

I’ve flown with a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old and neither American nor Southwest were all that nazi on my 4 y/o keeping his mask on (the almost 2 year old got by on being under 2, so no mask.

The trick is you just always have them drinking or snacking and then they can’t really do anything.

Edit: for the record we flew Southwest from OKC to Chicago Midway round trip and American from DFW to Charlotte round trip.

ATC Frog

I thought about that, but you have to have their birth certificate to show they're under 2 for ticketing, so I don't know if that would carry through to the plane.
They say that, but they never checked ours for our under 2 kiddo. And this was with us offering to produce it for them at baggage drop off, security, and the gate.

Mean Purple

Walked into the office today and everybody was looking at me like some kinda freak.
Just thought: What the crap, This is not the first time I've walked in here wearing jeans, boots and a cowboy hat.
Then, when I walked into my office I realized I, for some reason, grabbed a six pack from the cooler in the truck before I came inside. And yes, it was missing a can.

nwlafrog

So, I’ve had beverages and I’m in a mood. I’ve been thru the ringer in my life (no pity party bc my life wasn’t all that bad) most of it was due to my own actions. But over the past decade + I’ve strived to be the best that I can be for my family and myself.

I’m struggling with comprehending that my only boy and the only one I can have has Duchenne muscular dystrophy. I’m really going thru it over the past year. I just don’t have the feels to really elaborate. Just know that the common problems at work or at home aren’t really that important when you come to the realization that you will bury your only son. I just don’t know how to feel. Everything hurts and it’s been a long time. I just want to know what I’ve done wrong. I know that it isn’t logical but darn it it’s how I feel. I haven’t talked about it for about it other than to tcuDoc since I got the news. I just don’t scheissing understand. Why not me?

I’m not asking for answers bc there are none. I met my soulmate and we made a life together. It just flat out hurts.

Imagine praying for a tumor or a heart problem only to find out that it’s a disease that is incurable (at this time) and that he isn’t eligible for gene therapy due to his rare mutation deletion and other than steroids there is little treatment.

Sorry to dampen the mood, but man. I’ve really been hurting

froginmn

So, I’ve had beverages and I’m in a mood. I’ve been thru the ringer in my life (no pity party bc my life wasn’t all that bad) most of it was due to my own actions. But over the past decade + I’ve strived to be the best that I can be for my family and myself.

I’m struggling with comprehending that my only boy and the only one I can have has Duchenne muscular dystrophy. I’m really going thru it over the past year. I just don’t have the feels to really elaborate. Just know that the common problems at work or at home aren’t really that important when you come to the realization that you will bury your only son. I just don’t know how to feel. Everything hurts and it’s been a long time. I just want to know what I’ve done wrong. I know that it isn’t logical but darn it it’s how I feel. I haven’t talked about it for about it other than to tcuDoc since I got the news. I just don’t scheissing understand. Why not me?

I’m not asking for answers bc there are none. I met my soulmate and we made a life together. It just flat out hurts.

Imagine praying for a tumor or a heart problem only to find out that it’s a disease that is incurable (at this time) and that he isn’t eligible for gene therapy due to his rare mutation deletion and other than steroids there is little treatment.

Sorry for what you're going through. I wish there was something I could say to make it better.

Just know that others are thinking of you and praying for you.

Mean Purple

Prayers for y'all.