• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I woke up at 4am to the sound of a chirping smoke alarm, took a while to find out which one in the house was the offending unit, and more time than it should have taken to replace the 9v battery. Not able to go back asleep I decided, "what the hell," and got ready for the day by making steak and eggs along with a full pot of coffee. However, somehow I think one pot won't cut it today.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I woke up at 4am to the sound of a chirping smoke alarm, took a while to find out which one in the house was the offending unit, and more time than it should have taken to replace the 9v battery. Not able to go back asleep I decided, "what the hell," and got ready for the day by making steak and eggs along with a full pot of coffee. However, somehow I think one pot won't cut it today.
I solved that problem by adopting rule about "change your smoke alarm batteries" when you change your clocks for Spring forward/Fall back."

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Depends on the pot my friend

JugbandFrog

Just noticed that Burnt Bean Co. was Texas Monthly’s #4 best in Texas this year. Y’all need to go if you haven’t yet.
Meh. Their sides and desserts are good, but the bbq is meh. Plus, it also isn’t worth the wait in line. Their service is sloooowww for no reason other than they just don’t want to he any more efficient.

If you are in the area, and don’t mind waiting 1.5 hours then it is worth it to say you’ve been. Definitely not road-trip worthy.

If you can though, get their pork chops and big red cake.

froginmn

What a [ Finebaum ]ty day yesterday was. I saw a tweet about the HC change, and five minutes later received a text that a friend I'd seen three weeks ago passed away yesterday morning. Guy was maybe 55 and had recently had a transplant that turned into an infection and he's gone.

scheiss yesterday

RIP Ray

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I like that rule.
Another life lesson learned:

The life expectancy of smoke alarms is generally 10 years, after which point their sensors can begin to lose sensitivity. The test button only confirms that the battery, electronics, and alert system are working; it doesn’t mean that the smoke sensor is working.

TxFrog1999

The life expectancy of smoke alarms is generally 10 years, after which point their sensors can begin to lose sensitivity. The test button only confirms that the battery, electronics, and alert system are working; it doesn’t mean that the smoke sensor is working.

That one I knew and replaced all of my alarms when we bought the house and again about ten years later.

froginmn

Check fire extinguishers too.

Horny 4 Life

What a [ #2020 ]ty day yesterday was. I saw a tweet about the HC change, and five minutes later received a text that a friend I'd seen three weeks ago passed away yesterday morning. Guy was maybe 55 and had recently had a transplant that turned into an infection and he's gone.

scheiss yesterday

RIP Ray
Sorry to hear that. We never know when our time is up. I feel you on the [ Finebaum ]ty weekend too. My grandmother fell and hit her head on Saturday and passed away today. That's 3 close relatives dead in 2021 and 4 in less than a calendar year. I'm ready for 2022!

ATC Frog

Question about bringing kids to football games:

How strict are they on enforcing the “kids 3 years of age and under are free” policy?

Asking for a friend who may have a 4 year old but would rather his wife use the spare ticket instead of his son using it.

netty2424

With all of the technology in “smart” electronics, you’d think they can make a smoke detector notify you during normal daytime hours. It never fails these things chirp in the middle of the night.

We have the Nest Co2/Smoke combos. About a month ago, one went off in my sons room at about 2:00am. Woke the entire house up. Finally fell back asleep about an hour later, only to be woken up by a second smoke detector. It was the darndest thing I’ve ever seen. Two in one night. I was not happy the next morning.

HFrog1999

With all of the technology in “smart” electronics, you’d think they can make a smoke detector notify you during normal daytime hours. It never fails these things chirp in the middle of the night.

We have the Nest Co2/Smoke combos. About a month ago, one went off in my sons room at about 2:00am. Woke the entire house up. Finally fell back asleep about an hour later, only to be woken up by a second smoke detector. It was the darndest thing I’ve ever seen. Two in one night. I was not happy the next morning.

When my smoke alarm batteries need to be changed, they go off and a voice starts yelling FIRE FIRE FIRE!

Shorty

How strict are they on enforcing the “kids 3 years of age and under are free” policy?

Asking for a friend who may have a 4 year old but would rather his wife use the spare ticket instead of his son using it.
It's actually 3 and up need a ticket so I doubt the 4 year old would pass for 2. That said I'm not sure how strict they are.

TxFrog1999

Actually had the same thing happen again this morning, this time my daughter's room went off at 4AM. Going to replace every alarm battery tonight before going to bed... stupid smoke alarms.

Purp

I think the age is 2 instead of 3, but we got a 4 year old in free. They don't even question it.