• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

I got a call on my cell yesterday from one of those IRS scammers that said I need to call this number because I had pending litigation if I did not clear up my problem with the IRS. I called the number back from a phone that doesn't show caller ID and chatted them up for a while. I had some time to kill, so I ended up calling them back around 30 times and finally got one of them to break character and he screamed a string of expletives at me. It was pretty funny. Then I chastised him for breaking character. I said "I knew I could get you to break!!!" Then I called him back another 10-12 times and he would just answer and say "F*** you!" and hang up. I figured I protected a few senior citizens by tying up 6 or 7 of their operators for about 30 minutes. I looked at it as a good deed for the day. Not my most productive half day off, but probably something I may do more after I retire.

Froginbedford

I got a call on my cell yesterday from one of those IRS scammers that said I need to call this number because I had pending litigation if I did not clear up my problem with the IRS. I called the number back from a phone that doesn't show caller ID and chatted them up for a while. I had some time to kill, so I ended up calling them back around 30 times and finally got one of them to break character and he screamed a string of expletives at me. It was pretty funny. Then I chastised him for breaking character. I said "I knew I could get you to break!!!" Then I called him back another 10-12 times and he would just answer and say "F*** you!" and hang up. I figured I protected a few senior citizens by tying up 6 or 7 of their operators for about 30 minutes. I looked at it as a good deed for the day. Not my most productive half day off, but probably something I may do more after I retire.

You are my new cultural-social warrior hero....

bleedpurple

That is awesome doc! I was diagnosed with major cognitive disorder without behavior problems and I get calls like that all the time. The first few scared the ever boat out of me. Those people should all die of syphillis.

jake102

There's a dude on YouTube who basically does this for a living. He calls one of them, typically pretends to be an old woman, and then proceeds to tie them up for an hour or so fumbling around.

JugbandFrog

My good deed for senior citizens is to give the double honk anytime I see an old lady bent over in her garden.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Thanks for the tip.