• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Zubaz

Took a spill off the bicycle going about 20.

0/10, do not recommend.

wtOQv0L.jpg

ftwfrog

Miller Lite and Lone Star Light are about $1/beer, but I drink scotch rocks or vodka rocks 95% of the time these days. Only really drink beer if I’m at some sort of event (football game, lakehouse weekend, house party, hunting or fishing, etc...).

If I’m sitting at home, I’m sipping liquor. Tito’s and The Famous Grouse are both $26/handle at Specs or Total Wine, and they are my go-to’s.
Lone Star Light is a very underrated beer.
Not to one up you, but for the last 6 summers we’ve road tripped to a state that doesn’t have silly alcohol laws like Texas (aka, any of the other lower 47). Costco makes and sells their own alcohol in the stores so I get a case and bring it home. $12.99 a handle and tastes just as good as Tito’s when you’re mixing it with limes.
23510C55-628F-490F-BE51-9EAB326F2583.jpeg
Side note- getting a little nervous as I only have a bottle & a half left and we’re a long way from June.

TCURiggs

Not to one up you, but for the last 6 summers we’ve road tripped to a state that doesn’t have silly alcohol laws like Texas (aka, any of the other lower 47). Costco makes and sells their own alcohol in the stores so I get a case and bring it home. $12.99 a handle and tastes just as good as Tito’s when you’re mixing it with limes.
View attachment 6742
Side note- getting a little nervous as I only have a bottle & a half left and we’re a long way from June.

June? I'd be out in about two weeks.

Dogfrog

Miller Lite and Lone Star Light are about $1/beer, but I drink scotch rocks or vodka rocks 95% of the time these days. Only really drink beer if I’m at some sort of event (football game, lakehouse weekend, house party, hunting or fishing, etc...).

If I’m sitting at home, I’m sipping liquor. Tito’s and The Famous Grouse are both $26/handle at Specs or Total Wine, and they are my go-to’s.

Yea went this route a few years ago when I started cutting carbs. Also, since my sons come over and drink my liquor a couple times a week (which is fine), I have started buying more Irish whiskeys along with the scotch to reduce cost. Liquor has to be one of the most market / trend driven commodities and single malt scotches are only slightly better tasting than single pot still Irish IMO. Love Readbreast 15. But day to day Bushmills is fine for me. For every day scotch try Monkey Shoulder. It’s a blend of 3 good single malt scotches - Glenfiddich, Balvenie, and Kininvie - but much cheaper.

Ron Swanson

View attachment 6742
Total Wine has American Plains vodka for $21/handle. It tastes just like Tito’s and and I get that a lot of the time as well.

Horny 4 Life

View attachment 6742

Costco has several very good liquors under the Kirkland's name. They're all sourced from name brand distilleries, so you're getting a really good deal on most of them.

The Vodka is allegedly made by Bacardi from the same distillery as Grey Goose.

nwlafrog

I thought that I was done with Flu A. I rested last week and took tamiflu and stayed at home Wednesday-Sunday. I went back to work yesterday feeling better and today I felt like I was having day 1 symptoms with Flu A all over again. Running a hecking fever again. Darn me to tears.

I’d just like to feel okay again. To make it [ Finebaum ]tier. I apparently don’t take mucinex well because I can’t sleep while using the medicine for my sinus crud. I’ve slept about 6 hours total the past few days.

/Rant

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I was just scanning the field of candidates for the Senate seat in Alabama (not political). Here is the thumbnail bio for one Tommy Tuberville, who is actually doing rather well. Note any omissions?

Party: Republican Party

Incumbent: No

Political Office:
None

Biography:
Tuberville graduated from Southern Arkansas University. He was head coach for several college football teams between 1995 and 2016, including at Auburn University and the University of Cincinnati. He retired in 2016, when he became a member of ESPN's broadcast staff.

Wexahu

I thought that I was done with Flu A. I rested last week and took tamiflu and stayed at home Wednesday-Sunday. I went back to work yesterday feeling better and today I felt like I was having day 1 symptoms with Flu A all over again. Running a hecking fever again. Darn me to tears.

I’d just like to feel okay again. To make it [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]tier. I apparently don’t take mucinex well because I can’t sleep while using the medicine for my sinus crud. I’ve slept about 6 hours total the past few days.

/Rant

Right there with you. Been feeling like crap since Saturday afternoon, thought I was maybe kind of getting over it earlier today, now feel worse than I have yet. There’s only so much sleep and NyQuil one can stand.