• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

I never understood that whole KMA deal.
I had no involvement but, if I recall correctly, someone posted that they had seen some TCU merchandise at Bed Bath and Beyond. It was about the same time they were doing the KFC store and he took exception to someone promoting products from another source. Someone took exception to his taking exception and it just kind of went from there and took on a life of its own.

Purp

It’s only fitting he chose(if the reports prove to be accurate) to sign with The GOAT’s brand.

Luka is simply incredible! If you(in general) aren’t on board yet, jump on. He’s going to have one hell of a career. Just hoping he follows Dirks blueprint and stays in Dallas.
Not just stay in Dallas, but be great with humility. IMO, that's what set Dirk apart from nearly every other great athlete. I don't see Luka having that about himself, but I do think he may be great without having to be the epicenter of attention.

TCURiggs

So, my wife documented my whole "ordeal" soon after it happened, and I want to share it. I'm so glad she documented everything, as I obviously had no clue exactly how it played out, as I was checked out for a bit. My 37th birthday is in a few weeks, and it's going to be a good one, but I feel that we need to share our story/raise some awareness. Read this if you have some time, and take some notes from it... get checked out (even if you're healthy, like myself, listen to your body, and learn CPR!!!)

Attachments

• Our Story (1).pdf
    87 KB · Views: 88

netty2424

Not just stay in Dallas, but be great with humility. IMO, that's what set Dirk apart from nearly every other great athlete. I don't see Luka having that about himself, but I do think he may be great without having to be the epicenter of attention.
For sure, but I kind of wonder if he’ll end up the same in that regard. Luka has a lot more flash to him than Dirk did, so while that would be a giant bonus, I’m just hoping he stays at this point.

Luka kind of strikes me as a guy who loves the spot light. Not in a negative way, but he’s a showman. And Dallas isn’t exactly the Mecca for that style of player.

That said, the timing couldn’t have been more perfect with the Dirk overlap and his continued involvement in the organization and the community, can hopefully steer him in the right direction throughout his career.

tcudoc

So, my wife documented my whole "ordeal" soon after it happened, and I want to share it. I'm so glad she documented everything, as I obviously had no clue exactly how it played out, as I was checked out for a bit. My 37th birthday is in a few weeks, and it's going to be a good one, but I feel that we need to share our story/raise some awareness. Read this if you have some time, and take some notes from it... get checked out (even if you're healthy, like myself, listen to your body, and learn CPR!!!)
What a great story! Thanks so much for sharing that with us. Very lucky to have had, not just a doctor, but an anesthesiologist, be one of your first responders. They likely deal with cardiac arrest situations more than any other specialty and are very familiar with CPR and critical care. If you know his last name, please PM me. The community is small and there is a good chance we may know each other.
As I mentioned before, the out of hospital cardiac arrest meaningful survival (heart and brain intact) rate is dismal. Your wife is a great writer and that was great of her to record everything with so much detail. This will be a story you will want to share for a long time.
I’m so happy that you made a full recovery and your kfc family was so happy to have you back as well. I will admit that my eyes got a little teary while reading it.
You are awesome for giving us a glimpse into your life. Much appreciated. Your wife, kids, family, friends, and local community sound like an amazing bunch of people and you are lucky to have so many who love and care about you. God has certainly blessed you in so many ways.

What a great story! Thanks so much for sharing that with us. Very lucky to have had, not just a doctor, but an anesthesiologist, be one of your first responders. They likely deal with cardiac arrest situations more than any other specialty and are very familiar with CPR and critical care. If you know his last name, please PM me. The community is small and there is a good chance we may know each other.
As I mentioned before, the out of hospital cardiac arrest meaningful survival (heart and brain intact) rate is dismal. Your wife is a great writer and that was great of her to record everything with so much detail. This will be a story you will want to share for a long time.
I’m so happy that you made a full recovery and your kfc family was so happy to have you back as well. I will admit that my eyes got a little teary while reading it.
You are awesome for giving us a glimpse into your life. Much appreciated. Your wife, kids, family, friends, and local community sound like an amazing bunch of people and you are lucky to have so many who love and care about you. God has certainly blessed you in so many ways.

Still waiting for the punchline.

TCURiggs

Thanks so much, doc. Kind words.

Yeah, it's an incredible story for sure. I actually like sharing it, as it's just so unbelievable, and I do feel that part of the reason for me still being here is to help raise awareness. I've spoken about it at our company end-of-year meeting, I'm going to be on a panel at a medical symposium in February to speak from a survivor's standpoint, we're working with the AHA (Dr who did my stent is the current President for this area, and my cardiologist is the outgoing President, so they wanted to get me involved), etc... My wife has also set up/hosted two CPR courses, so she's got 40+ more people equipped to save a life out there. We're going to make sure that there's a lot of good that comes from it. We're definitely blessed.

I'll PM you the Dr's name.

Moose Stuff

Just read the whole thing. None of that is funny. What the hell man?

TCURiggs

Just read the whole thing. None of that is funny. What the hell man?

Crazy, right?

There were some funny moments in hindsight, though: my wife, who is super sweet and rarely curses, was asked in the ambulance where they wanted her to take me, and she screamed "the best f***** heart hospital in Fort Worth!"

"Alright, Harris downtown!"

My brother also had a funny line after the fact. The Dr's said I was likely having heart attacks on the three occasions where I had to stop and take a break from the pain while working on our investment property, and my brother said "of course you'd be the guy to say "eh, just let me sit down for a minute and grab some water and a snack" while you're having heart attacks."

Wild stuff. Needless to say, it's going to be a VERY Merry Christmas in the Riggs' household!

Moose Stuff

Crazy, right?

There were some funny moments in hindsight, though: my wife, who is super sweet and rarely curses, was asked in the ambulance where they wanted her to take me, and she screamed "the best f***** heart hospital in Fort Worth!"

"Alright, Harris downtown!"

My brother also had a funny line after the fact. The Dr's said I was likely having heart attacks on the three occasions where I had to stop and take a break from the pain while working on our investment property, and my brother said "of course you'd be the guy to say "eh, just let me sit down for a minute and grab some water and a snack" while you're having heart attacks."

Wild stuff. Needless to say, it's going to be a VERY Merry Christmas in the Riggs' household!

My wife probably would have said “meh, wherever”