• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Gserv1

Anyone else in my part of town who hears this person who constantly revvs his car/crotch rocket around midnight every night? Every single night, 10-20 mins of just engine noises at full blast. Somewhere around Granbury and the QT station.

I heard that tonight! I thought somebody was shooting with the constant popping noises then I listened more closely and heard the revving. It was kinda faint so I don’t think it came from my apartment complex.

SnoSki

I heard that tonight! I thought somebody was shooting with the constant popping noises then I listened more closely and heard the revving. It was kinda faint so I don’t think it came from my apartment complex.
It’s ridiculous. Every single night around midnight or later. Constant revving and backfiring. Woke up my toddler last night.

Gserv1

It’s ridiculous. Every single night around midnight or later. Constant revving and backfiring. Woke up my toddler last night.

I usually work the night shift so last night was the first time I heard it. I was wondering who the scheiss does that and why the police haven’t been called.

SnoSki

I usually work the night shift so last night was the first time I heard it. I was wondering who the scheiss does that and why the police haven’t been called.
I’ve called the police for noise complaints like that before and they don’t take them seriously. One neighbor on my street blasted classic rock from his stereo from 10pm til about 3am one Tuesday about a year ago and despite two calls the police never showed up.

netty2424

I’ve called the police for noise complaints like that before and they don’t take them seriously. One neighbor on my street blasted classic rock from his stereo from 10pm til about 3am one Tuesday about a year ago and despite two calls the police never showed up.
Need Live PD in Ft Worth. They show those all the time.

Unfortunately police forces are typically understaffed and calls get prioritized, these fall off mostly.

SnoSki

Need Live PD in Ft Worth. They show those all the time.

Unfortunately police forces are typically understaffed and calls get prioritized, these fall off mostly.
Makes sense. It wasn’t more than an annoyance but figured I’d mention it here while we were on the subject.

netty2424

Makes sense. It wasn’t more than an annoyance but figured I’d mention it here while we were on the subject.
Frustrating to say the least. I’ve mentioned before we live out in the country and there’s a guy who lives a decent stretch from us who races cars on a local dirt track. There are several Friday nights during race season that he tunes his engine and we get the same engine rev for well over an hour. We don’t hear it too much with the tv on, but it’s extremely annoying when things go quiet for bed time. He’s obviously got a day job as he seems to wait until 9pm to start working on it. But for us, there are no noise ordinances to enforce so we just learn to deal with it.

Hopefully whatever that is, someone will get to them for your kiddos sake.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Got an old screwdriver you can afford to lose?
Dang, how’d That get in your (now) burned out circuit breaker box? Well, that’s too bad, good (quiet) night, neighbor.

Horny 4 Life

I may have posted about this before, but it you want a country/folk youtube rabbit hole go to the GemsOnVHS Youtube channel. It's great background music and I find a new band/artist to follow every time I go there. Tonight's artist is a Texas boy...The Hill Country Devil. Deep, soulful, meaningful music.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Any Fall colors up in Denton yet? My aunt organized & raised $ for the Anne Schley Duggan statue on TWU campus. Always enjoy a trip there to sit by their quiet fountain, even better in Autumn.

nwlafrog

Post game recap: over served myself on limited edish canned Busch light. Threw all the balls in the bowling alley and currently planning to get some top and night cap. Wish the game turned out better, but all is well. The sun will rise in the morning and we will all be frog fans..... some of us might be hung over.