• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Frog-in-law1995

I'm sure this will be a huge hit, but I'll be fine if I miss it.

Everybody talks about Saved by the Bell as if it was a cultural icon of the early 1990s. Well, I graduated from HS in 1991 and I honestly don’t know of a single person who watched that show and I don’t remember participating in or even overhearing a single conversation about that show. That stupid show about the girl robot with the brother that everybody said later was Billy Corrigan was more popular.

PO Frog

Everybody talks about Saved by the Bell as if it was a cultural icon of the early 1990s. Well, I graduated from HS in 1991 and I honestly don’t know of a single person who watched that show and I don’t remember participating in or even overhearing a single conversation about that show. That stupid show about the girl robot with the brother that everybody said later was Billy Corrigan was more popular.
You must have missed it by a year or two. I graduated HS in 1995 and everyone in my peer group above and below know that show by heart. I think some of it carried over to reruns while in college as well once in syndication.

Purp

I graduated in 99 and can confirm through middle school and early in high school the show was immensely popular. Maybe you were a little too old for the show. The popular show for my peer group before that was Hey Dude, I think. It was a Nickelodeon show, IIRC.

Chico Dusty

I graduated in 99 and can confirm through middle school and early in high school the show was immensely popular. Maybe you were a little too old for the show. The popular show for my peer group before that was Hey Dude, I think. It was a Nickelodeon show, IIRC.

Exactly. It was for the younger kids. I was 6-10 while it was on TV - my older brother and I were obsessed with it. It was massive for the pre-teens and early teens.

SuperBarrFrog

Did you and your friends watch 90210 or think it was a big deal? Saved by the Bell was similar but for younger kids.

Frog-in-law1995

Did you and your friends watch 90210 or think it was a big deal? Saved by the Bell was similar but for younger kids.

I never watched it, but that definitely was more popular among the girls in my class. But it was more of a drama, right? The only prime time shows I watched religiously in the late 80s/early 90s were Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court, The Simpsons and Moonlighting. Would occasionally still watch Hunter, The Equalizer, Miami Vice, Hill Street Blues, etc, but most of those hour long detective shows were in decline by then.

God, I forgot Murder, She Wrote. One of my top 5 shows of all time. And yes, I know I’ll catch hell for admitting that.

HFrog1999

I never watched it, but that definitely was more popular among the girls in my class. But it was more of a drama, right? The only prime time shows I watched religiously in the late 80s/early 90s were Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court, The Simpsons and Moonlighting. Would occasionally still watch Hunter, The Equalizer, Miami Vice, Hill Street Blues, etc, but most of those hour long detective shows were in decline by then.

God, I forgot Murder, She Wrote. One of my top 5 shows of all time. And yes, I know I’ll catch hell for admitting that.

FriendlyDeepCarp-small.gif

SuperBarrFrog

Guess you were a few years too old. Both those shows where huge. Lots of college folks in 90s were big time into 90210 then Melrose place as well.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA

Murder she wrote is greatness and don't let them tell you otherwise. Next thing you know they'll be bagging on the Golden Girls, so you gotta draw a line on criticisms.