• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

nwlafrog

So, last weekend I had to revive my sister in law. Today on highway 480 in Coushatta on a two lane I rounded a curve and saw a man who was riding a motorcycle lying facedown on the side of the highway in the middle of nowhere. I pulled over and ran down the ditch, he was breathing but couldn’t move or speak. Just a dead stare. I took first responder and EMT basic courses in college but never completed my EMT training. I am still a first responder and I was aware of the laws for my own protection and the patient’s. Without being a certified medical professional I could only ensure his airway was open and he was alert. I couldn’t move him or risk more injury. If he was unresponsive, it’s a different story. I got 911 to the location and assisted and then left after the man was carried away.

I really don’t know why I’m posting this, but idk what’s going on and why I keep being put in these situations in back to back weekends.

God told me run out of the bathroom and open her airway, He told me run down the ditch today. I would take a bullet for a stranger and leave it all behind if God told me to. Today was rough seeing that stare and feeling helpless other than giving him company.

Sorry for the downer, but today was tough for me and I was trying to keep it in with fire water and grilling at 10:00pm for whatever reason.

nwlafrog

Hang in there NWLA.

Thank you. I’m doing okay, just needed to talk about it and worrying about the other man today.

One of these days I’ll get up the juevos to post my testimony on where I came from to where I am now, but it’s been a crazy ride. Today just shook me because I was thinking of my childhood best friend who is now a vegetable and TBI survivor after a rollover-flip left him with a severed brain stem and brain bruising. I see him at his rehab facility whenever I can, but it’s hard because he can’t talk or acknowledge me. I’m not sure if he even knows who I am after all these years of seeing him.

I was just hoping this poor man doesn’t have to go through the same thing and that his best friend and his family doesn’t have to come see him each week and fight back tears like I do.

Idk man, I’m rambling

ShadowFrog

Moderators
As hard as the post must’ve been to write I’m glad you wrote it. That is a good reminder for all of us. For example does everyone have an emergency kit in your car? Things like standard first aid kit, water, blanket something to make a tourniquet out of etc.?

Thank you. I’m doing okay, just needed to talk about it and worrying about the other man today.

One of these days I’ll get up the juevos to post my testimony on where I came from to where I am now, but it’s been a crazy ride. Today just shook me because I was thinking of my childhood best friend who is now a vegetable and TBI survivor after a rollover-flip left him with a severed brain stem and brain bruising. I see him at his rehab facility whenever I can, but it’s hard because he can’t talk or acknowledge me. I’m not sure if he even knows who I am after all these years of seeing him.

I was just hoping this poor man doesn’t have to go through the same thing and that his best friend and his family doesn’t have to come see him each week and fight back tears like I do.

Idk man, I’m rambling
Bless you brother. I don’t know you you in person but feel like I do. Thanks for sharing and hope it took some weight out of your backpack.
#hasmsptreeoftrust

SuperBarrFrog

Ours is in September. expecting a big crowd. We had over 70 at the 10 year. Going to be fun.
I’d say we had about 100 including spouses at the actual reunion and 40 or so at the late night after party. A lot of folks don’t show that still live in our hometown which I thought was pretty lame. All in all it was a fun weekend.

Purp

I’d say we had about 100 including spouses at the actual reunion and 40 or so at the late night after party. A lot of folks don’t show that still live in our hometown which I thought was pretty lame. All in all it was a fun weekend.
That's about what we're expecting including spouses. We graduated with 204 so we had about 35% of our class there for the 10 year. So far several who didn't come last time are planning to come this time. Looking like a similar turnout as 10 years ago, but a lot can change between now and then.

SuperBarrFrog

That's about what we're expecting including spouses. We graduated with 204 so we had about 35% of our class there for the 10 year. So far several who didn't come last time are planning to come this time. Looking like a similar turnout as 10 years ago, but a lot can change between now and then.
We graduated 300ish. Would’ve liked more folks.

SnoSki

Ours is in September. expecting a big crowd. We had over 70 at the 10 year. Going to be fun.
The guy who was supposed to plan the 10 year for ours just didn’t do it and refused to reply to anyone’s calls or messages/emails. All while continuing his normal social media posting habits.

Apprently some folks (like 10-20) went to a bar in town and hung out a few hours but it was only the people who still live there because it was slung together about a week in advance.

Maybe 20 will be better but tbh I’m not sure I really care. I just want a party.

Horny 4 Life

My high school class was so small that we had to combine our reunion with a couple classes above us in order to get a venue. The turnout still sucked.

I can't say anything though because I wasn't there, I was at TCU for homecoming that same weekend.

netty2424

Still kick it with a handful of my HS buddies. Outside of them, I don’t understand the draw to get together with a bunch of people I don’t see or talk to anymore. I guess maybe if you got an itch you never scratched from way back.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Colleague at work has a daughter at Mountain View & she’s a VolleyBaller. He’s asking to bring her to campus for a game. Anyone gone before? He’s asking if there would be an opportunity to intro his daughter to Coach Killer. Is that possible or do we have purple Bouncers? Figured I’d start here looking for wisdom rather than start a new thread — perish the thought.

netty2424

That's amazing to me that guys can blow through that amount of money. I'd think with endorsements he'd have earned more than $100MM, though. Unless that $100MM is after taxes and agent fees.
I think you’re right. That might be his football contracts, not including endorsements??