• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

nwlafrog

My junior high crush married my friend and junior high basketball teammate. He also happens to own Maxim Magazine

danica-mckellar-1.jpg

Absolute killer job following the unwritten rules of the board.

Mean Purple

It was clear when I drove it memorial day weekend. My in laws drove it last week and didn’t mention any construction. You should be good.
Does it save time compared to going 35? Or is it just more sane of a drive?
Can't even time drives anymore to avoid traffic on 35. When I get down to the big tollway, I take that around austin.

SnoSki

Does it save time compared to ging 35? Or is it just more sane of a drive?
Can't even time drives anymore to avoid traffic on 35. When I get down to the big tollway, I take that around austin.

When going to visit family in boerne, the last two times I’ve taken 35 to Georgetown (mostly because buccees is in temple) and then taken back roads from Georgetown to Marble Falls. Then 281 south from there.

TCURiggs

Does it save time compared to ging 35? Or is it just more sane of a drive?

Shows to be about 20 min quicker to the resort going 281 from my house in FW, and I enjoy that route much more than 35. Resort is on the NW side of SA, though, so 281 is a better fit to that part of town.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Not sure if anyone needs flip flops but these are suuuuuper comfy and well made at 50% off through Academy

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/reef-mens-cushion-bounce-phantom-flip-flops

Needed some don’t give a ship shoes at lake house so found these at Walmart for $19, looks like now reduced to $11. Look better than the picture but most comfortable shoe ever, no need for socks at this price, and might not take them off all summer.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/George-Men-s-Stretch-Slip-On/651899283?selected=true

Mean Purple

Shows to be about 20 min quicker to the resort going 281 from my house in FW, and I enjoy that route much more than 35. Resort is on the NW side of SA, though, so 281 is a better fit to that part of town.
Which resort? Asking for a friend who is taking a second summer vacation late summer/just after "summer".

Thanks for the travel time info.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Does it save time compared to going 35? Or is it just more sane of a drive?
Depends where you are going. I have family that lives north of San Antonio off 281 so it makes sense. But - the drive is so much better that I would take it for any reason to get there even if it’s longer.