• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

So in the middle of my flight back from Nashville yesterday the plane suddenly banked sharply and turned left

ElementaryGlossyCow-size_restricted.gif

After we leveled off the Pilot said we got too close to another plane and got caught in their jet wash

l2nthbcqmjl8qrhfcble.gif

Jet Wash! This ain’t Top Gun! All I could think of is that I didn’t want to end up like Goose!

200.gif

One of the other passengers spoke with the pilot after the flight

giphy.gif

So in the middle of my flight back from Nashville yesterday the plane suddenly banked sharply and turned left

After we leveled off the Pilot said we got too close to another plane and got caught in their jet wash

l2nthbcqmjl8qrhfcble.gif

Jet Wash! This ain’t Top Gun! All I could think of is that I didn’t want to end up like Goose!

200.gif

giphy.gif

737-8?

l2nthbcqmjl8qrhfcble.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif
Unlikely. Also if I’d did happen I would never make a PA like that.

HFrog1999

Unlikely. Also if I’d did happen I would never make a PA like that.

That’s why I thought it was so strange. I would’ve just thought he’d say he was avoiding rough air or making a course correction or some other BS. It was definitely strange making such a sudden move in the middle of a flight in good weather.

It kind of reminded me of this

SnoSki

Gotta brag on my BIL today. I’ve mentioned before I think that he’s an up and coming pro golfer on the Asian Tour. He’s been having a solid season so far but today was his best yet, finished tied for 4th in a European Tour event in Malaysia. In addition to the nice paycheck, and posting better scores than masters champions Ernie Els and Padraig Harrington, he is now up to 215th in the world golf rankings.

If he keeps at it he might be getting some PGA sponsors invites at some point in the next year. Fingers crossed!

Super proud of this dude!!! Now if I can just get him to let me caddie one week...

Purp

I dad lifed hard today. Went to church and came home for a quick lunch and to send the wife to Austin for work. Then took all 3 half pints to Lupton bc there won't be a better day for baseball all year. Wasted nearly an hour in the first 3 innings fighting with TCU (another thread on that, but the photo below made the hassle worth it). Got a car wash on the way home. Got home and fed the baby. Then bathed her brothers. Then fed her brothers and bathed her. Then video chat with mom. Put the boys to bed before 8 and sat down to eat and watch Frogs basketball.

Now I'm enjoying 4 fingers and a Frogs lead.

Wife gets home Wednesday. Tomorrow is baseball practice for the oldest and Tuesday is another baseball game for him. Those will be interesting since I'm coaching.

Edit: photo won't load.

Last edited:

Wish I was there in my wife's car. About 3 years ago she was hit by a freak hail storm that hit three streets in all of FW. We made a claim. It was processed and we were given a check for $4500 the day before we left for a 9-day vacation. We didn't have time to drop it off before we left town and figured we'd take it in when we got back. Day 2 of vacation and a massive hail storm hits much of DFW. By the time we finally got back there were so many claims that all the collision centers were quoting 6 weeks. Insurance would only pay for 1 week of a rental so we waited. Then we drug our feet. Then the check expired so they had to issue another. The summer heat popped out some of the dents but it still looked like Dana Jacobson's big ole ass. Then the 2nd check expired and they sent another. Then we bought a house and between packing and moving it was the last thing on our mind. Fast forward to last summer and we switched insurance carriers and it got me to thinking I needed to get another check so we could finally get her car fixed. I called and they said the check had already been cashed but they could tell by whom and would need to research the matter. Two weeks later they called and said it was cashed by our lender. Wife looks at her account and, oh yeah, over a year ago there was a principal reduction of $4500. So cool, it helps us pay it off 9 months earlier and with extra payments we'll pay it off in 2 months, 13 months early...but there's still a bajillion hail dents in it. Keep hoping we can luck into another hailstorm soon.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
With the baseball game tomorrow at 5pm (moved up from 6:30, thank goodness) and the basketball game starting at 8pm, traffic and parking should be tons of fun!