• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Mean Purple

Stock Show Update:
The Jr. Sale of Champions was held today. Over 12,000 jr. exhibitors showed what is likely in the range of 30,000 entries of livestock. Over 240 Texas counties represented. It is going very well.

The Grand Champion steer, awarded yesterday to Aven Horn of Abilene, went for the winning bid of $195,000 by the Hillwood branch of the Perot Companies.

Reserve Grand Champion Steer went to a young lady who hopes to attend TCU in the future. Here steer was purchased by the Women's Steering Business group for $120,000.

Grand Champion Barrow went for $50,000.

Reserve Grand Champion Barrow went for $40,000.

Grand Champion Lamb went for $51,000.

Reserve Grand Champion Lamb went for $40,000.

Grand Champion Wether Goat went for $50,000.

Reserve Grand Champion Wether Goat went for $20,000.

These top 8 lots are donated to Arlington Heights FFA/Ag program.

Other champ lots went well. Breed steer lots saw as high as $11 a pound.

The great thing of it all is that at the FWSSR, all of the money goes to the kids. Important for educating the future of agriculture. And there are no caps on the bids.

This Thing Is Legendary!

(Thank you to a friend who helped me track the numbers.)

Live video of the auction is still up.
http://www.superiorlivestock.com/watchAuction?prod=1&&room=SP3&aId=2246

I was there at the auction today. Got invited to the Syndicate breakfast by a client. It was first class all the way. Got there at 7 and started drinking screwdrivers. Breakfast was eggs, fruit, chorizo, tamales, bacon, sausage, backstraps so tender I thought they were beef and probably the best quail I've ever had.

Afterwards to the auction where smoke shows walk up and down the aisles with free screwdrivers, beer and bloody Mary's. At 9:30 I made my way to the whiskey bar, still free.

We went by the expo hall real quick bc my brother needed a new hat.

Then to Reata Backstage where lunch and drinks were, of course, free. We ended up at a Ben E. Keith table right behind the glass to watch the last afternoon rodeo at Will Rogers. The waitress told us it was normally a $250 minimum at the table but they let us sit there anyway.

Total tally was 2 meals, 2 screwdrivers and 7 whiskeys...all free. I can't describe how first class the Syndicate does things. It was the best FWSSR experience I've ever had.

Don't know how I'm still standing since I was at Mags last night until 2 for Reckless Kelly and had to be at the breakfast at 7 this morning.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I was there at the auction today. Got invited to the Syndicate breakfast by a client. It was first class all the way. Got there at 7 and started drinking screwdrivers. Breakfast was eggs, fruit, chorizo, tamales, bacon, sausage, backstraps so tender I thought they were beef and probably the best quail I've ever had.

Afterwards to the auction where smoke shows walk up and down the aisles with free screwdrivers, beer and bloody Mary's. At 9:30 I made my way to the whiskey bar, still free.

Then to Reata Backstage where lunch and drinks were, of course, free. We ended up at a Ben E. Keith table right behind the glass to watch the last afternoon rodeo at Will Rogers. The waitress told us it was normally a $250 minimum at the table but they let us sit there anyway.

Total tally was 2 meals, 2 screwdrivers and 7 whiskeys...all free. I can't describe how first class the Syndicate does things. It was the best FWSSR experience I've ever had.

Don't know how I'm still standing since I was at Mags last night until 2 for Reckless Kelly and had to be at the breakfast at 7 this morning.
Mags?

SnoSki

2 questions:

What is the syndicate

What is backstrap exactly? (Deer I think?)

Purp

You're due for some serious phormering after that.

nwlafrog

Won’t let me upload an image, but my girl won her first ACA championship with her team for the medium mini prep division. Pretty awesome to see so many divisions and girls from across the country doing their routines.

Seems like just the other day I was jamming lil Wayne’s “No Ceilings” mixtape and doing hood rat stuff with my friends without a care in the world and then the next I was driving a family hauler to a cheer competition listening to “The Greatest Showman” soundtrack. Life hits you fast.

Horny 4 Life

Stock Show Update:
The Jr. Sale of Champions was held today. Over 12,000 jr. exhibitors showed what is likely in the range of 30,000 entries of livestock. Over 240 Texas counties represented. It is going very well.

The Grand Champion steer, awarded yesterday to Aven Horn of Abilene, went for the winning bid of $195,000 by the Hillwood branch of the Perot Companies.

Reserve Grand Champion Steer went to a young lady who hopes to attend TCU in the future. Here steer was purchased by the Women's Steering Business group for $120,000.

Grand Champion Barrow went for $50,000.

Reserve Grand Champion Barrow went for $40,000.

Grand Champion Lamb went for $51,000.

Reserve Grand Champion Lamb went for $40,000.

Grand Champion Wether Goat went for $50,000.

Reserve Grand Champion Wether Goat went for $20,000.

These top 8 lots are donated to Arlington Heights FFA/Ag program.

Other champ lots went well. Breed steer lots saw as high as $11 a pound.

The great thing of it all is that at the FWSSR, all of the money goes to the kids. Important for educating the future of agriculture. And there are no caps on the bids.

This Thing Is Legendary!

(Thank you to a friend who helped me track the numbers.)

Live video of the auction is still up.
http://www.superiorlivestock.com/watchAuction?prod=1&&room=SP3&aId=2246

Holy! As somebody who exhibited market animals through 4-H those numbers blow my mind. Congrats to those kids.