• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

Drainage is good, the seasonal rye that I put out seems pretty thick in the front yard and the lower traffic spots in the back yard, but it is non existent in other spots. What do you think about spreading seasonal rye and zoysia together at like an 8:2 ratio? The rye seems to take off and zoysia seems to be durable from my google search.

Also, my yard gets a good amount of sun, but I do have shaded areas depending on the time of day.

The rye doesn’t spread. So it only grows where it was applied and allowed to germinate.

I have the same problem in my backyard. Because of bad weather coming in when I applied it, I wasn’t able to get the Bermuda properly mowed and bagged before application.

Winter Rye is nice for keeping the yard together. However it has to be applied just right and allowed to germinate. Which means keeping dog traffic to a minimum for at least 1-2 weeks.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I have a smallish back yard due to the walking trail running behind my house, so the turf wouldn’t be too bad, but I would prefer grass. I mentioned in my post above about blending multiple blends of grass. What’s your take on that?

Edit: turf is probably a no because of the dogs being outside and doing their business during the day. Just thought about that

The rye doesn’t spread. So it only grows where it was applied and allowed to germinate.

You might look into some of the new types of fescue. They've developed strains that actually spread as they grow. Very cold tolerant and dog-proof. You'd have to drown it in Round-Up to get rid of it.

Disclaimer: I had my Bermuda lawn overseeded with the new fescue variety two years ago. Good news--have some green during the winter. Bad news--have to mow once a month during the winter.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Drainage is good, the seasonal rye that I put out seems pretty thick in the front yard and the lower traffic spots in the back yard, but it is non existent in other spots. What do you think about spreading seasonal rye and zoysia together at like an 8:2 ratio? The rye seems to take off and zoysia seems to be durable from my google search.

Also, my yard gets a good amount of sun, but I do have shaded areas depending on the time of day.
8:2 seems aggressive. I would go 4:1.

netty2424

Hard to believe bull riders don’t die more often. These animals are so massive and so strong. One of my heifers has horns. Feeding them cubes one day in a trough so the kids could touch their noses through the fence. Well I grabbed onto one of her horns for some stupid reason, and she damn near pulled me up and over the fence almost has soon as I wrapped my fingers around her horn. Happened so fast I didn’t even have a chance to let go. And she was young and only 5-600 pounds.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/16/us/bull-rider-mason-lowe-dead/index.html

Frog-in-law1995

Hard to believe bull riders don’t die more often. These animals are so massive and so strong. One of my heifers has horns. Feeding them cubes one day in a trough so the kids could touch their noses through the fence. Well I grabbed onto one of her horns for some stupid reason, and she damn near pulled me up and over the fence almost has soon as I wrapped my fingers around her horn. Happened so fast I didn’t even have a chance to let go. And she was young and only 5-600 pounds.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/16/us/bull-rider-mason-lowe-dead/index.html

Used to have a couple of good friends who rode bulls and can tell you that there is, or at least was, an awful lot of self-medication going on in that world.

Eight

youngest daughter sent me a link to this video today. i don't think it is as good as the original version and really like the video from the paris concert by the cranberries, but i found this a very strong version.

netty2424

youngest daughter sent me a link to this video today. i don't think it is as good as the original version and really like the video from the paris concert by the cranberries, but i found this a very strong version.

What’s with the chick wiping peanut butter all over everything?

Eight

What’s with the chick wiping peanut butter all over everything?

i can't tell you. the look is obviously a nod to dolores o'riordan's appearence in the video for zombies

cranberries_zombie.png

one daughter told me that just as dolores was unreachable in the first one as she was surrounded by angels with their bows the woman in the second one is unreachable with the glass between she and tommy vext, but i have no clue why smear peanut butter on the glass blocking the view unless it has something to do with dolores' death somehow.

i am far too simple minded to dig too deeply into the easter eggs in music videos. i like the cranberries music and thought dolores had an incredible voice so i leave it at that and ponder things like why karter johnson was a 3-star.

will say my favorite cover is johnny cash doing hurt though leslie chow from hangover 3 is being epic for other reasons.