• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Mean Purple

Czech stop reminded me.....

So I recently learned that a kolache is a fruit filled pastry (Danish) and what I call a kolache is actually a klobasnek. Also, why does nobody outside of TX sell them?
AZ is rotten with breakfast enchiladas and burritos but no eastern European pastries

BTW ever had a chopped brisket kolbasnek? It'll change your life.
Correct. Don't know, but I think I had one in VA once. Yes (and yes).

Eight

Czech stop reminded me.....

So I recently learned that a kolache is a fruit filled pastry (Danish) and what I call a kolache is actually a klobasnek. Also, why does nobody outside of TX sell them?
AZ is rotten with breakfast enchiladas and burritos but no eastern European pastries

BTW ever had a chopped brisket kolbasnek? It'll change your life.

definitely some places in the midwest that do them, but how many slavic people do you think moved to az

Ron Swanson

I remember in 2003 when TCU played at UH, I hosted a bunch of TCU friends at my parents house. My mom bought a bunch of kolaches (i.e. klobasneks) for breakfast and a bunch of my friends didn’t know what this greatness was that they were eating.

It blew me away that people had gone through the first 20 some-odd years of life without ever enjoying a kolache. I didn’t know they were a Texas thing until then, I just assumed they were everywhere.

talor

I remember in 2003 when TCU played at UH, I hosted a bunch of TCU friends at my parents house. My mom bought a bunch of kolaches (i.e. klobasneks) for breakfast and a bunch of my friends didn’t know what this greatness was that they were eating.

It blew me away that people had gone through the first 20 some-odd years of life without ever enjoying a kolache. I didn’t know they were a Texas thing until then, I just assumed they were everywhere.
Liked for calling the food stuffs what the food stuffs are actually called.