• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

Yes. Last time I played it was with a hunch of humorless people that didn’t think talking ship was a part of fantasy football. Lame asses.

They also didn’t like that I could rarely remember to change my lineup or that I auto drafted. Or that I nearly won when I put zero effort into it and came in second.

If people are going to be too serious, and it seems most people are, I’m out. Find me a ship talking, beer drinking, spitting Copenhagen on the floor kind of league and I will think about it. But if every conversation I’m going to have with anyone in the league is for four straight months is about the league then I’m out.
Just curious.

I’ve been in leagues like that in the past that no one really talked or knew each other very well. Everyone was a friend of a friend type deal. It was boring, guys wouldn’t pay up at the end so it died.

But I’m in two now that I enjoy, one is a family league, other is primarily buddies. Just adds something to those games that would otherwise have no significance.

bwood

Fantasy football really kicked me in the nuts today.

Been in the same league with the same dudes since college days. Finally have a great team and led the league in average points per week with 165.

First week playoff bye, my team scores 185 anyway. Next closest was in the 150s.

My opponent opens this week with a 0 from 2 of his players. I’m positive I have this week in the bag, easy advance to the title round.

My guys, originally projected to score 160 this week currently have just 80 points with the final 2 playing right now. Currently projected to lose by 50.

I shouldn’t care this much but damn I’m pissed. One touchdown combined for my whole team.
If it makes you feel better, I just lost in the semis by 0.2 pts on that last completion by Goff...

SnoSki

Anyone stayed in Miami? Going there for a 3-day convention in early February and never been. Convention is at Marlins Park and Hotwire has nice looking places all over the map.

Curious to know what part of town I can stay in that has a lot of good restaurants/attractions nearby that hopefully isn’t also forever away from Marlins Park (which is just outside of downtown).

Also, any can’t miss food recs? Going by myself so no $$$$$ places.

cdsfrog

My wife got an American food goody bag for my daughter's teachers. I saw Cheetos and realized I have not eaten those in 2 years.

Anyone have thoughts on Tacoma, Philly, or Virginia Beach? Wife is flying to all 3 next month. Trying to decide where we land in May.

cdsfrog

Haha indeed.

Virginia Beach is the least likely. Small employer with expensive health insurance and limited area where we want to live (downtown only). We want something walkable. Right now we have everything within 15 mins. Hard to replicate

bwood

Anyone stayed in Miami? Going there for a 3-day convention in early February and never been. Convention is at Marlins Park and Hotwire has nice looking places all over the map.

Curious to know what part of town I can stay in that has a lot of good restaurants/attractions nearby that hopefully isn’t also forever away from Marlins Park (which is just outside of downtown).

Also, any can’t miss food recs? Going by myself so no $$$$$ places.
You can usually get good rates downtown Miami/Brickell Ave, as opposed to Miami Beach where it can get pricey. As far as food, i would recommend stopping in Prime 112 at the bar for a drink if you don't want to drop heavy cash for dinner. Joe's Stone Crab will probably have their to-go spot open rather than the whole restaurant this time of year. Komodo on Brickell Ave is also a good spot if you end up staying in that area. As far as casual, i've heard Yardbird is good from a couple people, but haven't been there personally. E11EVEN for late night shenanigans...

Surfrog

Anyone have thoughts on [B said:
Tacoma[/B], Philly, or Virginia Beach? Wife is flying to all 3 next month. Trying to decide where we land in May.

VA Beach is awesome. Nice people, great weather (most of the time). laid back, etc.

Tacoma. Again lots of stuff to do outdoors, great people, food. The only question is can you handle the cloud and rain during the winter. The summers are beautiful and actually pretty dry.

Philly is a big, grey, dirty city IMO.

EDIT: just saw the notes on VA beach - I'd go Tacoma.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
My wife got an American food goody bag for my daughter's teachers. I saw Cheetos and realized I have not eaten those in 2 years.

Anyone have thoughts on Tacoma, Philly, or Virginia Beach? Wife is flying to all 3 next month. Trying to decide where we land in May.

Virginia Beach--if that's where your spouse's job opportunity is. But live in Chesapeake VA.

So much to do in that area--from Williamsburg to the NC beaches to all the historic sites in VA and DC.

Have some good friends who made that work/house choice 5 years ago and they've loved it there. (Wife works in shipbuilding; husband is a Jet Blue pilot).

cdsfrog

Philly- Top 5 Children's hospital in the country. I have the same concerns as many.

Tacoma- Top choice for me. Suggested salary there is literally insane so I'm waiting for confirmation (30k higher than Philly). House prices near same as Lewisville TX.

VA Beach is a special case. Director of company reached out to wife and really wants her. Awesome weather so it's definitely doable.

Others are in the mix but no other places are serious contenders without in person interviews. She has one shot to interview all of them at once flying to the states for a week.