• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

The in-laws have this stuff at their house and I highly recommend it. Guess its at central market but the label says made for HEB.

d78a9ec89177ad96d07a57b9bd5518d9_400x400.png

Central Market and hEV are under the same corporate umbrella ella ella.

Purp

These darning Hallmark movies that Purp has been talking about are something else. My wife rarely stays up past 10 or 10:30, but since she's gotten into these damn things during the holidays she cannot turn them off until they're over at 11, even if she's seen them multiple times. We'll split up after the kids go to bed so she can watch those in the other room while I sports, but it's incredible how she can't shut them off. I guess I now know how she feels about me
When your father-in-law starts watching them in October in lieu of sports that's when it's time to get out.

Mean Purple

When your father-in-law starts watching them in October in lieu of sports that's when it's time to get out.
Ok. so I have been wrapped up in watching the National Finals Rodeo for the past 10 nights. As it is west coast, it's pretty much the western sports version of PAC 12 after dark this time of year. A buddy does the same thing. I text him last night about a big story that came in the final round. He breaks off into a "I wonder what my wife watches when the NFR is on." He then follows up a few minutes later with a worried rant that she has been watching Hallmark movies and might have some expectation to watch them on the main tv of the house now that the NFR is over.

I just texted back, "Bowl Games".

SnoSki

Fantasy football really kicked me in the nuts today.

Been in the same league with the same dudes since college days. Finally have a great team and led the league in average points per week with 165.

First week playoff bye, my team scores 185 anyway. Next closest was in the 150s.

My opponent opens this week with a 0 from 2 of his players. I’m positive I have this week in the bag, easy advance to the title round.

My guys, originally projected to score 160 this week currently have just 80 points with the final 2 playing right now. Currently projected to lose by 50.

I shouldn’t care this much but damn I’m pissed. One touchdown combined for my whole team.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Been in the same league with the same dudes since college days. Finally have a great team and led the league in average points per week with 165.

First week playoff bye, my team scores 185 anyway. Next closest was in the 150s.

My opponent opens this week with a 0 from 2 of his players. I’m positive I have this week in the bag, easy advance to the title round.

My guys, originally projected to score 160 this week currently have just 80 points with the final 2 playing right now. Currently projected to lose by 50.

I shouldn’t care this much but damn I’m pissed.
I figured out a way to win at fantasy football every year. I don’t play.

netty2424

I shouldn’t care this much but damn I’m pissed. One touchdown combined for my whole team.
FFL is funny that way. I’m in a couple leagues and was in 2nd and 3rd coming into today. Lost my arse in one league today, still fighting in the other. Conner, RB for Steelers has been nails all year. Out today. Killed me.

Guy leading the other league has absolutely dominated everyone all season, like by 25-30 points a game dominated. Lost today! So if I can get 5 points out of my kicker tomorrow night I’ll be in the championship, not having to play him.

It’s a ridiculous game, but fun.

MTfrog5

Very very similar to my situation this week. Ebron absolutely killed any chance of me winning

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Have you ever played? It can be a lot of fun in a league with buddies.
Yes. Last time I played it was with a hunch of humorless people that didn’t think talking ship was a part of fantasy football. Lame asses.

They also didn’t like that I could rarely remember to change my lineup or that I auto drafted. Or that I nearly won when I put zero effort into it and came in second.

If people are going to be too serious, and it seems most people are, I’m out. Find me a ship talking, beer drinking, spitting Copenhagen on the floor kind of league and I will think about it. But if every conversation I’m going to have with anyone in the league is for four straight months is about the league then I’m out.

SnoSki

FFL is funny that way. I’m in a couple leagues and was in 2nd and 3rd coming into today. Lost my arse in one league today, still fighting in the other. Conner, RB for Steelers has been nails all year. Out today. Killed me.

Guy leading the other league has absolutely dominated everyone all season, like by 25-30 points a game dominated. Lost today! So if I can get 5 points out of my kicker tomorrow night I’ll be in the championship, not having to play him.

It’s a ridiculous game, but fun.
I only play in this one league because I’ve known all the guys for so long. I know it’s mostly luck but still I can’t help but get frustrated with the bad breaks.

I’m surprised I’m not still a virgin.