• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Traffic ticket? Were you in a school zone?
Nope. But, if you’re remotely familiar, it was that long road behind the Walmart and Home Depot shopping center that they decided should be 25 mph. They know everyone speeds down it, so it’s fish in a barrel for them.

And don’t get me started on how they do nothing but go up and down 377 staring at tags to give them a reason to pull you over. It’s crazy.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Nope. But, if you’re remotely familiar, it was that long road behind the Walmart and Home Depot shopping center that they decided should be 25 mph. They know everyone speeds down it, so it’s fish in a barrel for them.

And don’t get me started on how they do nothing but go up and down 377 staring at tags to give them a reason to pull you over. It’s crazy.
I don’t know how an officer looks at himself in the mirror after a long day of generating revenue at civilians’ expense in the name of “safety.” Cops do a lot of good. Hiding out on an on ramp to catch someone driving over an arbitrary number isn’t one of them.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
#phormered, chapter 1587
Friday I threw down 500 on new brakes for my wife's car. Yesterday my truck died out in front of Neiman Marcus. $433 to reprogram the hybrid battery. Schleiss me.

#phormered, chapter 1588
Plano. I will cut the throat of the next person who mentions that scheissing city. Wife got a ticket in July. I forgot to pay it before the time they said it did. She got a failure to appear penalty. Fine. Whatever. Penalty went from $55 to 161. Wasnt happy but I wrote a check and mailed it on the 5th. Get a letter in the mail yesterday that they received it on the 16th but there's an additional fine of $316. Called this morning and those scheissing liars said it was postmarked the 15th and since it wasnt received by the 13th the fine went up. Now, they say paying the $316 isn't enough. We need to not only pay it by the 29th but we have to pay it in person by that date or else there will be another fine on top of that. Oh yeah, my wife currently has a warrant for this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Bunch of scheissing extortionists.

You, sir, are amazing.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Any of you ever thought of the number of taxes imposed on you for driving a car:

Tax to get a license
Sales tax on your purchase of car
Tax on fuel to run the car
Tax to license car
Tax to register car
Taxes on repairs to car
Tax to drive on certain roads
Tax for driving too fast/slow/etc on roads
Tax to pay for roads
Additional tax for not paying the above taxes timely

Seems like a lot of taxation just to get to work so they can tax your labor.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Any of you ever thought of the number of taxes imposed on you for driving a car:

Tax to get a license
Tax to license car
Tax to register car
Taxes on repairs to car
Tax to pay for roads

Man, they are notorious for this in that area. I admit, I'm really bad about getting my truck registered. When I lived in Keller I got pulled over 3 days in a row at 377/170. Luckily the 2nd day I showed him the ticket I got the day before and he let me off with a warning and the 3rd day I had the new tags with me, I just hadn't bothered to put it on the windshield. I asked the cop if the word was out on a red Silverado and he said no, they're just trained to spot it. IOW, nothing better to do.

Tax to get a license
Tax to license car
Tax to register car
Taxes on repairs to car
Tax to pay for roads

I'm voting for Peace. Make Diving Great Again.

SnoSki

Got a ticket in Roanoke and it was $450. Their motto should be “To Harass and Exploit.” They do nothing but give out tickets. scheiss them.

I think I told this story once in HASMSP lore but J Sauce and I were road tripping with a buddy to the last TCU game in SLC when I got pulled over by an unmarked lime green dodge charger in an Estelline, TX speed trap.

Fine was reasonable but the town of 128 featured a mayor who was the wife of the police chief. For some reason that cracked me up. If they need a new charger,just pull a few more cars over and cut a check.

Frog-in-law1995

If memory serves, a $450 ticket for non school- or work-zone speeding is illegal. Max fine for speeding in Texas is $200, plus court costs, which I think should be in the $125 range.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I shot a wasp in my garage from about 10 feet with the BB gun last night. I assume it’s the same feeling I’d get taking down an elk or moose from a hundred yards. Or hunting wolverines with a freaking shotgun in Alaska with my uncle. I may have to go ahead and start a hunting podcast or blog or somesuch.

SnoSki

I shot a wasp in my garage from about 10 feet with the BB gun last night. I assume it’s the same feeling I’d get taking down an elk or moose from a hundred yards. Or hunting wolverines with a freaking shotgun in Alaska with my uncle. I may have to go ahead and start a hunting podcast or blog or somesuch.
If it was a podcast about hunting bugs with BB guns I’d listen.