• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Ron Swanson

End of the day, the Astros and Rangers are both pretty piss poor franchises historically. Astros have one more peg to hang a hat on than Texas.
Astros were very competitive in the 1980s, very competitive in the 1990s, very competitive in the 2000s, and then went to World Series in 2017. We have obviously had some bad stretches in between, but most franchises do outside of the Yankees and Cardinals.

I’m not saying we’re some world beater franchise, but we’re also not some perennially crappy team who just got good for the first time

LSU Game Attendee

Astros were very competitive in the 1980s, very competitive in the 1990s, very competitive in the 2000s, and then went to World Series in 2017. We have obviously had some bad stretches in between, but most franchises do outside of the Yankees and Cardinals.

I’m not saying we’re some world beater franchise, but we’re also not some perennially crappy team who just got good for the first time

Maybe so, but I bet Charlie Hough could power smoke more cigarettes in the 1980s than Mike Scott could.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Both teams are in the bottom half off he league by winning percentage. And both are closer to having the worst record than the second best record (excluding the outlier Yankees). I wasn’t suggesting Astros were new kid on the block. But two teams with sub .500 winning percentages and one World Series win between them isn’t inspiring.

I would be hard pressed to not call the Twins a crappy franchise but they have basically the same winning percentage and two WS championships.

My point being we do lot of arguing about which franchise is better. Not really an argument that either are all that great.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Sitting at the bar at Railhead. Couple Fort Worth good old boys sitting near me that are clearly deep into the schooners. They start talking about wanting to go to a concert at AAC Monday night so I eavesdrop trying to figure out what concert. Ends up being ELO. Ok, not bad, not great. Then one dude, trucker hat, pearl snap shirt, dipping, says “man we got to go. ELO was my first album. ELO, ABBA and The Grease Soundtrack. First albums I ever had.”

So not expected.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Sitting at the bar at Railhead. Couple Fort Worth good old boys sitting near me that are clearly deep into the schooners. They start talking about wanting to go to a concert at AAC Monday night so I eavesdrop trying to figure out what concert. Ends up being ELO. Ok, not bad, not great. Then one dude, trucker hat, pearl snap shirt, dipping, says “man we got to go. ELO was my first album. ELO, ABBA and The Grease Soundtrack. First albums I ever had.”

So not expected.
There’s only one explanation.

AptPoorDassie-max-1mb.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate

So not expected.
I also was able to make it to my next stop without peeing on any public or private property.