• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I bought a cheap “roper” brand washer about 5 years ago after my previous fancy one died and I didn’t want to spend much cash.

The dang thing sounds like a rocket ship during the spin cycle but it works like a charm and only cost like $250.

Edit: Lowe’s now sells for $399 but maybe they go on sale on occasion.
Roper is owned by Whirlpool.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Damnit. Even that guy can ride better than I can.

Thought I saw you riding the other day

ezgif-1-007852192b.gif

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I've had the same washer and dryer for about 15 years. They were mine before I even knew my wife. She has wanted to buy a new set for the last 10 years that probably costs $5k or more, no idea what they run these days. But I've been in the camp of if they're not broken and work fine, why spend the money. I've held out for years.

She called me in this morning to the laundry room(with a smile on her face as if this was her shot at a new set) and she said the dryer was on fire. Wasn't technically but there was an odor of something burning. I pulled the lint trap it was clear, blower exhaust housing/tube was clear. But the back of the dryer was too hot to touch. Definitely overheating.

After some www'ing, I'm prepared to purchase and replace a new control thermostat, new gasket/seal set for blower housing, front door, and lint trap, as well as new door latch & catch.

It will be good as new, and a small but satisfying victory!

According to Consumer Reports this is the best time of the year to buy a dryer on sale. A few hours ago, I bought a highly rated Maytag dryer for $679 (orig $899), less my 10% military discount from Lowe's. I also bought the matching washing machine and a Whirlpool 4-door French door refrigerator. Saved lots of dollars and they will deliver and install free. I'm happy.