• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Horny 4 Life

How is it that I have never seen this gif? Amazing!

MTfrog5

HoustonFrog has a new name here. FOAP stops in from time to time with the Forrest Gump waving on a shrimp boat gif and then goes AWOL again. Pretty sure he's busy living off his sugar momma and playing agent for his super star [ muschi ]cats.
Last time I remember FOAP posting was when all that stalker stuff was going on with his wife. Assuming all of that is settled

netty2424

I've had the same washer and dryer for about 15 years. They were mine before I even knew my wife. She has wanted to buy a new set for the last 10 years that probably costs $5k or more, no idea what they run these days. But I've been in the camp of if they're not broken and work fine, why spend the money. I've held out for years.

She called me in this morning to the laundry room(with a smile on her face as if this was her shot at a new set) and she said the dryer was on fire. Wasn't technically but there was an odor of something burning. I pulled the lint trap it was clear, blower exhaust housing/tube was clear. But the back of the dryer was too hot to touch. Definitely overheating.

After some www'ing, I'm prepared to purchase and replace a new control thermostat, new gasket/seal set for blower housing, front door, and lint trap, as well as new door latch & catch.

It will be good as new, and a small but satisfying victory!

GeoFrog

RIP Vinnie Paul, who founded Pantera, named after their hometown of Pantego (next to Arlington) in Tarrant County, w/ his brother Dimebag Darrell in ‘81.

Their music isn’t for everybody but they influenced a ton of bands and made their mark in heavy metal for sure.

A2339ED9-9091-4577-A5AB-CCCFB62CC3A0.gif

Video shot in Pantego

One of my favorite one of my favorite all time bands. Those dudes lived hard.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I've had the same washer and dryer for about 15 years. They were mine before I even knew my wife. She has wanted to buy a new set for the last 10 years that probably costs $5k or more, no idea what they run these days. But I've been in the camp of if they're not broken and work fine, why spend the money. I've held out for years.

She called me in this morning to the laundry room(with a smile on her face as if this was her shot at a new set) and she said the dryer was on fire. Wasn't technically but there was an odor of something burning. I pulled the lint trap it was clear, blower exhaust housing/tube was clear. But the back of the dryer was too hot to touch. Definitely overheating.

After some www'ing, I'm prepared to purchase and replace a new control thermostat, new gasket/seal set for blower housing, front door, and lint trap, as well as new door latch & catch.

That couch mighty comfy, eh?

Ron Swanson

I got a new Samsung washer/dryer set last fall and ended up spending around $1500-$1700 IIRC, which included delivery. Certainly not cheap, but not terrible. Also, I first went to Lowe’s and then went to Home Depot. The washer dryers at HD were hundreds of dollars cheaper for the same exact sets.

I got the same basic set in my rent house about 4 years ago and they’ve never had an issue. I recommend.

And you can spend less if you like.

SnoSki

I bought a cheap “roper” brand washer about 5 years ago after my previous fancy one died and I didn’t want to spend much cash.

The dang thing sounds like a rocket ship during the spin cycle but it works like a charm and only cost like $250.

Edit: Lowe’s now sells for $399 but maybe they go on sale on occasion.