• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ATC Frog

Pretty sure there's a mass suicide taking place in the basketball game thread.

To be fair, that was pretty awful. Was nice to make the dance, but the product was ugly.

Also, my opinion might be extra salty as my last 2 days at work have been an absolute [ Finebaum ] show, and I was looking forward to hunkering down, crushing some beers, and watching the frogs get a W.

So that game was the cherry on my [ Finebaum ] sundae of a week.

End rant. You may now resume your regularly scheduled HASMSP shenanigans.

netty2424

To be fair, that was pretty awful. Was nice to make the dance, but the product was ugly.

Also, my opinion might be extra salty as my last 2 days at work have been an absolute [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] show, and I was looking forward to hunkering down, crushing some beers, and watching the frogs get a W.

So that game was the cherry on my [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] sundae of a week.

End rant. You may now resume your regularly scheduled HASMSP shenanigans.
No doubt, it was tough to watch.

Hope next week turns out better for you.

netty2424

Fairly certain I’ll be changing jobs soon, so hopefully that will allow things to work themselves out.

Edit: and thanks, netty
Changing jobs blows but hopefully you end up in a better spot. My FIL worked for the same company for 28 years and last year they started laying off thousands of people. He got the axe. He was not in a position to retire yet and never thought he would find another job he'd be happy at. Landed a new gig and wished he'd worked there for 28 years instead of his previous employer. Never been happier in his career.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Changing jobs blows but hopefully you end up in a better spot. My FIL worked for the same company for 28 years and last year they started laying off thousands of people. He got the axe. He was not in a position to retire yet and never thought he would find another job he'd be happy at. Landed a new gig and wished he'd worked there for 28 years instead of his previous employer. Never been happier in his career.
Did he work at ESPN?

ATC Frog

That’s encouraging to hear from you both (netty & Ron).

Without getting into too much detail, our current situation is bad enough that out of our 5 person team, 3-4 of us are very seriously looking for other jobs. It’s a bad deal. Overworked and underpaid.

Atom

I had to inform a 65 year old employee that he was being laid off due to an asset sale and not enough work for him in his area. He'd been with us over 10 years and was a great employee. He hadn't saved up to his magic retirement number and was really upset. Quite possibly one of the worst days of my life.

On the other hand I hired him back one month later in a different role that he wasn't the most qualified for but will get him to his magic number. Sometimes doing the right thing is the right thing.

netty2424

I had to inform a 65 year old employee that he was being laid off due to an asset sale and not enough work for him in his area. He'd been with us over 10 years and was a great employee. He hadn't saved up to his magic retirement number and was really upset. Quite possibly one of the worst days of my life.

On the other hand I hired him back one month later in a different role that he wasn't the most qualified for but will get him to his magic number. Sometimes doing the right thing is the right thing.
I'd imagine that was a tough meeting. Good on you for bringing him back. It's one thing to get let go early/mid career, but to start over late in the game would be a scary proposition.

Horny 4 Life

Going to the Turnpike Troubadors concert tonight was definitely the right decision. Reading parts of the game thread reinforced my feelings about that decision.

Badass performance by those guys tonight. Probably second best live band I've seen behind OCMS.

Sleep it off Frog fans, there are better basket all days ahead. At least we're not UVA fans (jerks ruined my bracket).

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Going to the Turnpike Troubadors concert tonight was definitely the right decision. Reading parts of the game thread reinforced my feelings about that decision.

Badass performance by those guys tonight. Probably second best live band I've seen behind OCMS.

Sleep it off Frog fans, there are better basket all days ahead. At least we're not UVA fans (jerks ruined my bracket).
Pretty sure they ruined everyone’s brackets.

nwlafrog

Man I love hearing ship like that. The second chance kind of stuff, not the getting fired part. That sucks a big foot popsicle. Good on you.