• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Flying to Key West Wednesday for Mile Zero Fest...its a new Texas Country music fest they started this year. Never been to Key West so I'm freaking excited.

Any things to absolutely do or avoid??Great places to eat?? Flying directly in so I won't have that 3 hr drive from Miami luckily...

Watch out for polydactyl cats!
15creatures-cat-jumbo.jpg

https://www.hemingwayhome.com/cats/

Punter1

Long? It was 8 sentences? That's a damn haiku for Purp. Back when my buddy was more on the scene I got some pretty cool access behind the scenes and got to hear a lot of people talk. Sorry to disappoint your CD hard-on.

For comparison, almost everyone, to a man, agreed Wade Bowen was about as good a dude as you'll find. And I'm not a big fan of his music either, but I respect the hell out of him.

Ice cold water couldt soften this CD hard on...especially from someone who doesn't like his or Wade Bowen's music. Now you're just being contrary....

ftwfrog

Long? It was 8 sentences? That's a damn haiku for Purp. Back when my buddy was more on the scene I got some pretty cool access behind the scenes and got to hear a lot of people talk. Sorry to disappoint your CD hard-on.

For comparison, almost everyone, to a man, agreed Wade Bowen was about as good a dude as you'll find. And I'm not a big fan of his music either, but I respect the hell out of him.
I’ve never heard any of that negative stuff about Casey Donahue...but to be honest I’ve never heard of Casey Donahue.

nwlafrog

This is insane. I watched this blue planet documentary and this scene blew my darning mind. 36k feet at the bottom of the ocean they found a brine lake..... a lake...... in the ocean....... the eel is trippy as darn.

Edit - usually if it’s not Rangers baseball or college football, it’s documentaries like “Cosmos” or “Planet Earth”. This was my first time checking out “Blue Planet”. We use a lot of Brine in the O&G industry so it definitely caught my attention.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

This is insane. I watched this blue planet documentary and this scene blew my darning mind. 36k feet at the bottom of the ocean they found a brine lake..... a lake...... in the ocean....... the eel is trippy as darn.

Edit - usually if it’s not Rangers baseball or college football, it’s documentaries like “Cosmos” or “Planet Earth”. This was my first time checking out “Blue Planet”. We use a lot of Brine in the O&G industry so it definitely caught my attention.

As most on here know, I watch a ton of nature shows. All the new ones in 4K on Netflix are particularly awesome.

I make my wife watch them with me and she’s half-convinced half of the stuff in Planet Earth 2 is fake. She thinks it’s CGI or something and all a big hoax.

Speaking of Blue Planet, I am watching Blue Planet 2, episode 3 right now. My wife is convinced that the cuddle fish changing colors is fake.

nwlafrog

As most on here know, I watch a ton of nature shows. All the new ones in 4K on Netflix are particularly awesome.

I make my wife watch them with me and she’s half-convinced half of the stuff in Planet Earth 2 is fake. She thinks it’s CGI or something and all a big hoax.

Speaking of Blue Planet, I am watching Blue Planet 2, episode 3 right now. My wife is convinced that the cuddle fish changing colors is fake.

Yeah, Mrs. NWLA isn’t down with the nature/history doc’s like us.

I’m not sure which episode that I watched. It was my first time watching it, but I’m hooked now.

We are alike in the facts that we like to watch kick ass nature shows, rep the Frogs, enjoy crushing brews at tailgates and are both some tough bald hombres.

Ron Swanson

I remember thinking how amazing Planet Earth was the first time I watched it on Blu-Ray, I can only imagine how awesome it is in 4K.
It is definitely a step up.

We finally got around to putting furniture in our formal living room of our new house this weekend, and as part of that, I bought a TV to hang on the wall in that room (it was just a walk through room when you entered the house up to this point). I wanted a good one but nothing expensive. It’s not a TV I will watch a ton because I won’t be sitting in the room very often. A buddy sent me a link to a 55” 4K HDR smart TV with built in Roku (TCL brand) for $370 on Amazon. I got it and it is great for what you pay. I think the price bumped up to $440 since I ordered it, but my wife saw them for $370 at Walmart yesterday (if anyone is interested).

My parents and sister/nephews were over here and I put Planet Earth II on Netflix in the background and now my parents and my sister are breaking down and getting a new TV cause it looked so much better than what they have at their house.