• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I saw the first post that Turtle Creek made a few weeks ago. It was some totally out of the blue accusation that suggested that CDC only went to UT because he was forced out of here by Boschini and others once they found out he did some shady stuff. I'm not going to post what he was alleged to have done (by this one person), but it sounded like total bullship. Turtle Creek really seems to have an axe to grind with him for some reason.
And that particular allegation doesn't get resolved by changing jobs.

PO Frog

I saw the first post that Turtle Creek made a few weeks ago. It was some totally out of the blue accusation that suggested that CDC only went to UT because he was forced out of here by Boschini and others once they found out he did some shady stuff. I'm not going to post what he was alleged to have done (by this one person), but it sounded like total bullship. Turtle Creek really seems to have an axe to grind with him for some reason.
And today's post was him trying to claim there's been lots of "others" on the board openly discussing shady dealings by CDC and the admin. Despite the fact that he is the only one to have made any such post. Trying to start a rumor then stir it up by referring to his own post. Hilarious if that really is the lawyer that filed. Couldn't be any more meaningless to the lawsuit so it's pretty funny.

TCURiggs

And today's post was him trying to claim there's been lots of "others" on the board openly discussing shady dealings by CDC and the admin. Despite the fact that he is the only one to have made any such post. Trying to start a rumor then stir it up by referring to his own post. Hilarious if that really is the lawyer that filed. Couldn't be any more meaningless to the lawsuit so it's pretty funny.

I'm not sure if it's a "he." Did anyone ever follow that ToadToOmaha account on Twitter? It was run by a woman who went off the rails about CDC when he went to UT, and then she basically let the account go idle. I'm getting that vibe from this Turtle Creek person, but it'd be funnier if it was the lawyer. Who the hell knows, though.

MTfrog5

I'm not sure if it's a "he." Did anyone ever follow that ToadToOmaha account on Twitter? It was run by a woman who went off the rails about CDC when he went to UT, and then she basically let the account go idle. I'm getting that vibe from this Turtle Creek person, but it'd be funnier if it was the lawyer. Who the hell knows, though.
Account was pretty entertaining

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Toadtoomaha quit tweeting? Funny I didn't even notice.

Edit: looks like I muted that account so I must have really enjoyed the content...

Ron Swanson

Flying to Muscat today and then immediately back to London tomorrow. 14 hour mileage run wish me luck
So you’re buying tickets to earn miles? How does make sense from a money standpoint?

And to clarify, I’m not doubting or making fun of you. I have no doubt you found some weird deal that makes it worth your while. I just don’t understand how spending the money on tickets wouldn’t cost you more than the actual return in miles you’re getting. Does this get you over some mileage threshold or something?

Frog-in-law1995

So you’re buying tickets to earn miles? How does make sense from a money standpoint?

And to clarify, I’m not doubting or making fun of you. I have no doubt you found some weird deal that makes it worth your while. I just don’t understand how spending the money on tickets wouldn’t cost you more than the actual return in miles you’re getting. Does this get you over some mileage threshold or something?

Yeah, to platinum level (he mentioned it a week or two ago). My folks fly a lot and did a similar thing a couple years ago. London and back in a day.

Purp

I've seen deals in the past that make this worth doing. I once had a group of friends fly to Austin from DFW 3 times in one day bc of some miles promotion they had going. The flights cost them a little more than $100, but they ended up with a ton of miles they used for a trip to somewhere cool.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yeah, to platinum level (he mentioned it a week or two ago). My folks fly a lot and did a similar thing a couple years ago. London and back in a day.
I almost pulled the trigger on a Tokyo round trip in December for same reason. AA was offering me a deal to buy my way into platinum because I was close. Tokyo round trip was cheaper and had same result. Ultimately I said screw it because I just won't fly enough going forward to care.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Muscat sounds like some sort of wine or liquor

"I got into the Muscat last night... killer headache this morning."
Sparkling_Golden_Muscatel_grande.jpg

cdsfrog

American Airlines platinum status challenge. You have to spend $2,000 but if you fly British Airways you get a percentage of miles flown. My $500 premium economy flight earns me $1,500 towards the challenge. I paired this with the flight To Portugal and another flight to Zagreb to meet the challenge.

There are several benefits but the biggest one is expedited immigration. Parking at Heathrow the line is over 2 hours but with fast track it takes me maybe 10 minutes. With a toddler I can't even fathom how valuable that is.

My wife did the status challenge in 2016 then she will probably do it again in 2019 after this expires.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Muscat sounds like some sort of wine or liquor

"I got into the Muscat last night... killer headache this morning."

Back in the day, muscatel wine was the cheap stuff winos living on the street used to drink.

About the same level as Thunderbird. Ripple was a step up.